View Single Post
Old 19-06-07, 06:40 PM   #1
LouLou

Talking My CBT/DAS...the story so far!

It's been 2 days now and I'm baaaaaad lol...I have actually managed to bin it a couple of times (4 actually!! Each time I've been virtually at a standstill, felt the bike go and I've followed but I've now realised that it's not particularly heavy and I can save it...what a muppet) but there you go...I'm a titch and I have the strength of a gnat!! Has anybody else been as rubbish as me? Probably not

It's been fun because I'm not learning in a car park but on a 700m go-cart track...I can't actually imagine how anybody can start to feel confident on a car park. The instructor said the minimum requirement for space is only 30 X 80 feet!!

Clutch control's coming on ok...I'm not all that great at stopping in general but I've got the hang of emergency stops...I guess it will come together with time! I'm enjoying the main road riding but it's pants in town and there's been a couple of times I've thought why am I doing this but I guess it's down to confidence

Oh...I'm REALLY bad at getting the bike on the centre stand...need to beef up down the gym or strap on some lead weights

I'm doing a 7 day course as I'm a total novice...at first I thought 7 days sounded extreme but now I'm just thinking...OMG, how am I going to be up to standard in time for the test!! Mind you...before yesterday morning I'd never even ridden on my own!