View Single Post
Old 19-04-11, 11:47 PM   #22
-Ralph-

Default Re: Test ride challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3nny View Post
new 675... The engine was superb, there is as much mid range grunt as my Blade which I loved and it means you don't have to change gear as often as on some other 600s and lazy top gear overtakes are possible
Quote:
GSXR 600... The engine was lacking in mid-range compared to the 675 and my Blade
Quote:
[B]Test 3 - 2010 Honda CBR 600RR.... and the midrange power was lacking. I had to keep it in second and third gear the whole time
I've been trying to tell folk on this forum for years exactly what you have discovered about these engines, but I've given up because the 600 IL4 owners just won't accept any criticism of their precious bikes and insist they are lightening quick right from tickover.

What's good to see about your comments is that you have ridden the bikes back to back, and you are accustomed to an accomplished respected litre IL4, not an SV650 (!), and you have reached exactly the same conclusions, and crucially weren't disappointed by the 675 engine, proving it's not simply because you are used to riding a litre bike.

As you have noted with the 675, mid size triples and twins have the ability to feel like a much bigger bike lower in the rev range, whereas the 600 IL4's cannot. With an IL4 there is absolutely no substitute for cubic capacity! If you are addicted to a 600 IL4, then it's a different attribute that you are getting or seeking from the bike.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 19-04-11 at 11:58 PM.