SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 24-04-06, 03:25 PM   #1
mrs fud

Default Eyeballed.....

Yellow curvey last monday at St. Annnes with a young lady astride

All I know about her is that she lives at Knott End as I knew the bike as it had an OFUK sticker on the front.

Jo.
Old 24-04-06, 05:27 PM   #2
OF.uk

Last I heard, she'd dropped it twice
Old 24-04-06, 07:12 PM   #3
GSXR Carlos

i'll ask about, can't be may bikes from knott end that rob (R6) doesn't know about
Old 25-04-06, 12:39 PM   #4
mrs fud

Looked ok to me Paul!!

Jo.
Old 25-04-06, 06:41 PM   #5
OF.uk

Wish I still had it

On top of everything else, someone ran into the back of me on my way to work today so looks like my car's going to be written off as well . Still, there should be a compensation claim to look forward to.
Old 26-04-06, 05:27 PM   #6
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF.uk
Wish I still had it

On top of everything else, someone ran into the back of me on my way to work today so looks like my car's going to be written off as well . Still, there should be a compensation claim to look forward to.
about 3 to 4 k for whiplash

takes a while though :P
Old 26-04-06, 09:05 PM   #7
GSXR Carlos

so does whiplash, owch it hurts, it hurts better get that neck brace on
Old 26-04-06, 10:48 PM   #8
OF.uk

They never gave me a brace
In all seriousness I woke up at 6amm this morning and couldn't get back to sleep for thinking about the accident and my neck and especially lower back were very stiff until I'd been moving around for a few hours. Lost about £180 in wages so far as well. But at least I'm mobile again. The guy across the road from me had a Citroen ZX for sale (not a car I'd choose, but beggars can't be choosers) and let me have it for £200 and I don't have to pay him yet so at least I can get to work in a couple of days time.
Old 27-04-06, 12:42 PM   #9
Black Rider

Hey that ZX - is it a Volcane? They're RAPID

I got shunted in SEP '04 at a roundabout.
I was on my way home from the Trafford Centre n a woman in an Audi TT went into the back of my Corsa B doin 30mph. I then tapped the Merc in front (no marks/scratches/dints on the Merc) bending the cross-member and rendering my horn useless. To my annoyance the Audi looked like nothing had happened (cracked number plate only )
My boot stuck shut as the beam with the lock had twisted
We swapped details and then I drove my cousin [passenger] and myself to the hospital where we stayed for the next four hours making me miss an 18th bday meal - one of my other cousins.
My collar bone suffered a little and still clicks every now and then along with my neck feeling stiff down the side where the seatbelt yanked me from going into the steering wheel (that would have hurt a bit more ).

In the end though I got £750 to fix my car (£200 used to knock boot out and straighten boot lock) £550 of which I pocketed and then I also got £1650 for my whiplash.

I would say that the doctors view of my whiplash was mild and there are far worse cases of it
Depending on how bad yours was - I reckon £3000 is a in the boundary!!!
Hope i have been a help.

What car were you in when you got rammed?
Old 27-04-06, 06:05 PM   #10
OF.uk

The Citroen's a 1360cc Reflex, needing a cv joint by the sound of it. Not fast but economical.
I was in my trusty Nova when the guy hit me. Pushed NSR in so boot is difficult to close and bumper rubs on wheel. The only mark on his brand new hire car was a black scuff on the bumper
Went to doctor's today as I woke up twice during the night and have felt like crap today. I was in and out in less than 2 minutes . He just gave me a couple of sheets of paper relating to whiplash. Don't feel ready to go back in to work yet as I'm rather short tempered at the moment and in some discomfort and the last thing I need is some kid in a childrens home jumping on my back or trying to wind me up.