SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-01-06, 08:47 PM   #1
furrybean

Default Opinions on this SV.....

Hi, just joined the site (very good reading!!!) and passed my DAS today, so... I'm looking to get an SV as soon as poss and saw this on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

What do people reckon?

Dan
Old 11-01-06, 09:05 PM   #2
Diveboy

Looks ok for the price. I would make sure there is no finance outstanding and be very careful that you don't pay more than £250 upfront if you win the auction.

I really dont like ebay auctions that ask you to contact them outside of eBay.

Have the 0% finance deals all finished now? I would go for a new one if they are still on.
Old 11-01-06, 09:08 PM   #3
furrybean

To be honest after buying some kit my budget is 3k (and thats with an overdraft extension!!!) but emailed him and he seems to be semi-interested. Can sellers supply their own HPI report?
Old 11-01-06, 09:15 PM   #4
Diveboy

Have you looked on BIKETRADER ?
£3K is not bad though. Why not get a cheap Curvy if its your first bike you can get decent one from £1300 upwards and if/when you drop it they are cheaper to fix
Sorry no idea about HPI's but a garage can so why not?
Old 11-01-06, 09:22 PM   #5
21QUEST
Mega Poster

For that starting price personally I'll try and go for a new one. You might be able to get a brand new one for under £4000. Stick a deposit of £3000 or even a bit less and try and pay it off early.

Also apparently Suzuki are throwing in 2 years free serving for new SVs'. Cover first three scheduled services and covers all parts , fluids and labour(according to the weekly bike rag). So if you do your maths properly you might be better off overall.

Yes , the seller can do an HPI check but IIRC if it turns out the company missed something you will not be covered as you did not carry it out yourself.

Oh .. no need to rush to get one there are tons of SV for sale. You can afford to take your time.

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 09:25 PM   #6
furrybean

Thanks alot for the replies... i'll rag it off to tescos and pick up a MCN now!
Old 11-01-06, 09:26 PM   #7
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveboy
£3K is not bad though.
Actually scrap some of what I said earlier. You can stick to you budget and still come out smiling with a nice K3 pointy for under three grand as diveboy says.

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 09:35 PM   #8
cuffy

I bought mine off of e bay, but there was no way i was gonna pay through paypal and risk the chance of being taken to the cleaners.
Luckily for me the bloke was as genuine as you could get, hpi cleared n all that.

Is the bike local to you?
Always view before you buy and depart with your hard earned cash.
I personally wouldn't leave a large deposit via paypal, would rather do buisness face to face
Also the chances of him dropping the price if you turn up with a pocket full of folding will be greater.

Phone him up, arrange a viewing, if you like it haggle over a price, give him the money n bobs ya mums bruvva you got yaself a lovely bike!
Good luck in your search.
Cuffy
Old 11-01-06, 11:23 PM   #9
furrybean

Yeah. I was thinking even if I bought a brand spanker then I'd owe 3k on my loan then the extra to the dealers and some for the insurance. A bit excessive!!! The bike is quite a way away, bout 80 miles so I'll try and have a look over the weekend if it isnt sold.

Would you pay the extra and get a new HPI report then?

Cheers
Dan
Old 11-01-06, 11:33 PM   #10
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Default Re: Opinions on this SV.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrybean2002
Hi, just joined the site (very good reading!!!) and passed my DAS today, so... I'm looking to get an SV as soon as poss and saw this on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

What do people reckon?

Dan

I'd sell you mine which is a younger 2005 SVS in blue, with extras like legal scorpion, hamicad tail tidy, R+G bungs and more still for £3600 so its not an amazing bargain. I've also seen a nice 2005 in black on this site for the same price, so don't go jumping at the first bike you see.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote