SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-10-07, 06:15 PM   #1
andyb

Default Where to get cheap ink cartridges

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an online retailer that sells cheap cartridges for HP printers? I've used some before and had the ink dry and knacker the print head after not using the printer for a while so if anyone can recommend some cheap but still good ones please?

I'm waffling now

Thanks,
Andy
Old 08-10-07, 06:24 PM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Re: Where to get cheap ink cartridges

http://www.ink-n-things.co.uk/

the deals on HP cheep carts are not very good, unforunatly unlike epson and many other printers HP's carts have a new print head on each cart to maintain print quality, if you scratch it just getting a new cart sorts out the bad print, with epson and others the head is fitted in the printer, usualy when it gets scratched you just throw the printer away and get another, but on the up side it makes the carts cheeper as they are just ink containers.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 06:24 PM   #3
Ed

Try Lasertech. I used to use them when I had an HP printer - printer has been decommissioned as it couldn't cope with all the paper we produce. But the Lasertech cartridges were more than acceptable.
Old 08-10-07, 07:06 PM   #4
the_runt69

Tend to use Tesco's own for my CXi970 nearly half the price.
Old 08-10-07, 07:07 PM   #5
krhall

take your old ones to cartridge world they are perfect refills and half the price.
Old 08-10-07, 07:53 PM   #6
andyb

I'm a bit dubious about having them refilled, dont really know much about it but never really liked the idea, saying that there's a cartridge world at the bottom of my road
Old 08-10-07, 08:06 PM   #7
krhall

I would never have recommended them before my wife put them in our printer, as I have only ever bought the oem stuff.

They have some form of 100% money back guarantee with them and the print quality is good enough for me and my cheap old Officejet.

http://www.cartridgeworld.co.uk/
Old 08-10-07, 08:06 PM   #8
krhall

Always check to see if you can get the ones you need on Ebay first though there are normally bargains to be had there.
Old 08-10-07, 08:14 PM   #9
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I'd never use the cheap stuff or the refills, unless the technology behind it has really improved.

A high percentage of the HP printers I used to get back because they were broken, didnt print well, etc etc, the owners had used cheap low end cartridges or refil cartridges. The deskjets were at one point really sensitive to ink quality and quantity and I've seen some cheap refils cartridges cover the inside of the printer and the paper with ink and end up in a right mess.

I'd stick with the OEM stuff and just try and buy them cheaply from somewhere if it were my printer.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 08:18 PM   #10
andyb

Do you know roughly how much it costs to refill them, it doesnt say on their website?