SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-08-06, 03:35 PM   #1

Default Girlie Insurance?

no no im not going for the opp to save a few quid,,,,

kittnes insurance is due and im trying to save some pounds...

E bike have renewall of £140 for TPO on the £400 Piaggio mc2 49cc with 3 yrs no claims... i mean common her first year was £98 quid!!!

others cant seem to get close...

any help appreciated??
Old 27-08-06, 03:55 PM   #2
BILLY

Have you tried bennetts? My wife Tracy is with them for her GS125 and for her first year 2005 it was £120 TPFT with no no claims!!!
Old 27-08-06, 04:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY
Have you tried bennetts? My wife Tracy is with them for her GS125 and for her first year 2005 it was £120 TPFT with no no claims!!!

ooops.. premier gay night club..again.,....

serioulsy though just checked em out.. always been appalling for me... but saved 40£ of kittnes quote.... cheers
Old 27-08-06, 06:40 PM   #4
sv650s_guy

i used swinton this year and saved 680 quid!!!!!!!!! this year
Old 28-08-06, 03:37 PM   #5
silent

girlie insurance is sexist, end of. women crash more...up to date insurance stats prove this, men crash less....

if men got the cheaper premiums then there would be hell to pay, but our society seems bent on getting any advantage or role above women that a man has out of it with no regard for reason, justice or even just playing fair...

personally i want to see the end of all discriminating bodies. Reward the no claims bonus not the sex. as i say women do not make safer drivers, and the insurance as such has no leg to stand on, they just capitulate to the feminist movement.

andy

(this is not to say all women drivers are wore, clearly they are not, they are on a par with men on average, they have more crashes, men crash bigger in general as such averaging it, im not being sexist if you think so please remove your head from your bum and smell reality, thankyou )
Old 28-08-06, 03:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent
girlie insurance is sexist, end of. women crash more...up to date insurance stats prove this, men crash less....

if men got the cheaper premiums then there would be hell to pay, but our society seems bent on getting any advantage or role above women that a man has out of it with no regard for reason, justice or even just playing fair...

personally i want to see the end of all discriminating bodies. Reward the no claims bonus not the sex. as i say women do not make safer drivers, and the insurance as such has no leg to stand on, they just capitulate to the feminist movement.

andy

(this is not to say all women drivers are wore, clearly they are not, they are on a par with men on average, they have more crashes, men crash bigger in general as such averaging it, im not being sexist if you think so please remove your head from your bum and smell reality, thankyou )

despite your comments of absolut;ly no help and it would appear you have not quoted your source for these "up to date statistics"!!!

you will be pleased to hear that as of next year i belive the quetion; male or female? will no longer be used in calculating insurance premiums.

wILL mens premiums go down... no, will womens go up... yes... so there, still no further forward are we.

localising it to my house i have crashed 3 times and touch wood kitten has never... therefore im happy for her insurance to be cheaper...

cheers
Old 28-08-06, 07:10 PM   #7
paulthewitt

lol, his source is me. I worked in insurance for the last 2 years. and we used to have the official statistics given to us.

he is correct. women have numericaly more crashes. but men write things off when they crash so cost more to insure. He is also correct that it is sexist and if there was a "mens only" company they would find about 20 law suits on there desk by the end of week one of business

as for quotes. I found MCE were the cheapest over the phone. however, type your details into A-Quote. They will call you later that day or the day after. They beat my quote. On the documents there original price is shown as over £1100. they brought it down to £665. They didnt even mention the high figure, just asked if i was ok to hold whilst they spoke to a manager. Ended up as £700 with breakdown aswell.
Job done

Paul