SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-09-09, 01:28 PM   #1
slark01

Exclamation cash for gold

An article regarding a certain company that buys your gold off you. You may have seen the adverts recently and thought 'hmm'.
Well read the article and pass the info on to others.
http://consumerist.com/5349663/the-a...nt-you-to-read

Ste.
Old 05-09-09, 01:45 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: cash for gold

The kind of people who think a company that spends a shed load of money on TV advertising is gonna also give them top rates for gold or cars or anything is also the kind of person who deserves to get ripped off imo.

People who believe things cos "its on the telly" have about as much intelligence as your average garden slug, if not less and need to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI and educate themselves.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 02:06 PM   #3
slark01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
The kind of people who think a company that spends a shed load of money on TV advertising is gonna also give them top rates for gold or cars or anything is also the kind of person who deserves to get ripped off imo.

People who believe things cos "its on the telly" have about as much intelligence as your average garden slug, if not less and need to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI and educate themselves.
Amen.

Ste
Old 05-09-09, 02:37 PM   #4
markmoto

Television is indeed an evil force
Old 05-09-09, 03:09 PM   #5
thedonal

No surprises there then- a company with so much to hide trying to keep the secrets between their grubby fingers.

Alarm bells ring every time I see an advert like they run- whether it's for accident claims, unsecured loans or anything- praying on the gullible and the desperate. Evil indeed.
Old 05-09-09, 03:35 PM   #6
Rorshach

....and they never blink in the ad.......
Old 05-09-09, 04:17 PM   #7
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

+1 You've always been able to sell your gold to a jeweler, Ask the Brinks Matt gang
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 06:33 PM   #8
northwind
Mega Poster

This is the least surprising thing I've ever read. "Send us some gold and we'll send you what we think it's worth". Um... No.

On the other hand, it's good to see MC Hammer's still getting work.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 06:34 PM   #9
TazDaz

Yeah not suprised...

Bad times if you need to sell jewellery though...if I lose my job I've got no jewellery to sell!
Old 07-09-09, 08:12 AM   #10
Bluewolf

Last edited by Bluewolf; 05-04-11 at 08:26 AM.