SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-08-09, 04:25 PM   #1
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Bikers riding like tits!

Well, the title says it all! Last night on the way home i witnesed a rider, with pillion, riding like a tit. He jumped a red light (OK, it turned yellow by the time he was half way across) then rode on the pavement because he couldnt be bothered to wait for the oncoming car to pass the van parked on our side of the road.

It really is people like them that give us a bad name.

Whats you seen recently thats made you shake your head in dsgust (Bike related only)
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-09, 05:04 PM   #2
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bikers riding like tits!

Saw a fella on a Harley Davidson!!! Ridiculous!!!

Haha just kidding but I did see a guy on a Harley wearing a Helmet, a polo shirt, a pair of trousers and normal shoes. But he had a pillion who must have been about 8 years old, she was wearing a helmet, a cotton vest top, leggins and a pair of flip flops.

I felt this was just mental.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-09, 05:08 PM   #3
davepreston

biker pulled out infront of the car i was a passanger in they then proceeded to chastise the driver, at which point i openeded the window called the biker by name ( i knew them) and told him that when i see him next i was going to "educate" him on correct riding technque, he followed us till we arrived at the hospital (when i was going after getting smidsy'd a month earlier) and apologised to my driver ( a small saving grace) its bad enough cage drivers trying to kill us but if you do something wrong hold your hand up dont try and blame someone else

Last edited by davepreston; 19-08-09 at 05:10 PM.
Old 19-08-09, 05:09 PM   #4
Daimo

Tonight some bloke on his BMW GS who decided to over take a car....

Wouldn't have been so bad, but he moved to the middle of our lane, so I indicated and went to pass when he just moved straight in front of me without indication or looking, hence causing me to hit the brakes hard. Luckily i was only plodding along, but still, something i'd expect a cager to do.

Overtake without looking or indicating
Old 19-08-09, 05:10 PM   #5
SVDragRacer

I saw a guy about to leave the halfords i work at on a Street Tripple R in shorts and t-shirt.

I was about ready to make him and the bike part ways for being such a pillock on such a great bike.
Old 19-08-09, 06:29 PM   #6
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Viney...you been following me again? I'll put my hands up tho to this .... i've been known to treat well placed cashpoint machines like they are drive thru one and rolled up to the on my bike, done what i need to and rode off again, all whilst seated.

I'm no angel, i'll admit to that but in my defence there is only 2 cashpoints that i do this at and both are in very quiet areas and have huge pavments. I wouldnt do if there were a queue tho, lol.

Sometimes lazyness gets the better of all of us.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-09, 09:33 PM   #7
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
biker pulled out infront of the car i was a passanger in they then proceeded to chastise the driver, at which point i openeded the window called the biker by name ( i knew them) and told him that when i see him next i was going to "educate" him on correct riding technque, he followed us till we arrived at the hospital (when i was going after getting smidsy'd a month earlier) and apologised to my driver ( a small saving grace) its bad enough cage drivers trying to kill us but if you do something wrong hold your hand up dont try and blame someone else
Thats me black balled then.

If you remotley do anything that slightly affects me when i'm riding or driving i just hit the roof. Don't care whether i was wrong or right... don't know what it is blood rushes to my head and i just flip the flop at them... (note my polite forum wordings... do i get bonus points Sir Spidey?).
Old 19-08-09, 09:37 PM   #8
zsv650

i saw one tonight riding like a buffoon made me cringe as he did the single strangest maneuvre i've ever seen.
Old 19-08-09, 09:40 PM   #9
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650 View Post
i saw one tonight riding like a buffoon made me cringe as he did the single strangest maneuvre i've ever seen.
Yeh tbh i see some right ones normally at tt and mgp over here... mgp starts saturday let the fun begin cough.

I've seen some funny ones with pillions... when i carry pillions i would say i am even more sensible than normal and i don't consider myself a mentalist compared too some.

I've had boys on the course going flat out with pillion.... i had one when i went out with some irish boys i met at TT for a couple of laps... we came through a windy part called Quarry Bends...

He sat on my tail... i then went too overtake this motorhome and despite the other guy been behind me he just decided he was gonna pull out aswell with his pillion instead of waiting we ended up all nearly squashed... (And yes LeedsMatt for once i checked my mirrors :P )
Old 19-08-09, 09:42 PM   #10
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Viney...you been following me again? I'll put my hands up tho to this .... i've been known to treat well placed cashpoint machines like they are drive thru one and rolled up to the on my bike, done what i need to and rode off again, all whilst seated.

I'm no angel, i'll admit to that but in my defence there is only 2 cashpoints that i do this at and both are in very quiet areas and have huge pavments. I wouldnt do if there were a queue tho, lol.

Sometimes lazyness gets the better of all of us.
i dont that the other night at Tesco...the cash point, not riding round the store...although i would love to do it, but they dont have a special trolly to attach to the fornt of the bike. Its discrimination i tell you!!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote