SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 18-05-07, 10:12 AM   #1
Hockeynut

Default New member near Nottm/Mansfield

Just thought I'd say hello and add myself to the list of Midlanders. I'm from Nottinghm, well, near anyway, somewhere between Hucknall and Ravenshead.

Here's my hello thread, I wont repeat it in this one.
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=89590

Would be good to meet some of the locals.
Old 18-05-07, 10:28 AM   #2
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: New member near Nottm/Mansfield

Hi, Iam in the same boat as you passed my DAS about 6 weeks ago and just bought an SVs Sport from Pid****s.

I work in notts and live in mansfield, bought a house in the old berry hill quarry december time.

A meet up and ride out would be good, I have yet to convince any of my friends to ditch their weekend cars for weekends bikes so my people to ride out with list is currently limited.

Whats this junction 27 forum i hear talk of, i go up there for a play occasionally and to practice cornering, didnt realise there was a bike forum dedicated to the place, thought it was limited to car forums.
Old 18-05-07, 10:40 AM   #3
Hockeynut

I work in Notts too, so if you see my bright yellow SV en route up mansfield Road into Notts in rush hour then odds on it's me.

The Junction 27 lot can be found here...
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Junction...ex.php?act=idx
There's often a few playing knee down on the roundabouts on the estate there. Usually heading down to the MFN on Wednesdays and the Anchor some Thursdays, all weather dependant of course.

(I dunno the rules on this forum with regard to linking to other forums, so remove it if it's not liked.)

Aye, sounds similar to me, yet to get my friends or family to move over to 2 wheels! So I've been looking to places like this to tap into the community to find people who I'd want to ride with.
Old 18-05-07, 10:57 AM   #4
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut View Post
I work in Notts too, so if you see my bright yellow SV en route up mansfield Road into Notts in rush hour then odds on it's me.

The Junction 27 lot can be found here...
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Junction...ex.php?act=idx
There's often a few playing knee down on the roundabouts on the estate there. Usually heading down to the MFN on Wednesdays and the Anchor some Thursdays, all weather dependant of course.

(I dunno the rules on this forum with regard to linking to other forums, so remove it if it's not liked.)

Aye, sounds similar to me, yet to get my friends or family to move over to 2 wheels! So I've been looking to places like this to tap into the community to find people who I'd want to ride with.
Nice one just signed upto that forum so will wait for my account to be activated.

As for riding out, give me a shout, I currently either ride on my own or with my ladies father who taught me my DAS, so with him i concentrate more on doing things 100% right than enjoying myself .
Old 18-05-07, 11:08 AM   #5
Hockeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
Nice one just signed upto that forum so will wait for my account to be activated.
Great stuff, tell em I sent you by, they are friendly, fun people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
so with him i concentrate more on doing things 100% right than enjoying myself .
lmao!

For sure, where do you normally go? I've been itching to go out Lincolnshire way when the weather gets semi reliable and I get chance.
Old 18-05-07, 11:18 AM   #6
G
Mega Poster

I go anywhere/everywhere to be honest. If its a nice evening i will head out to newark and those roads, weekends anywhere and everywhere. I'am a relative amature so stick to roads i know fairly well for now unless I'am following people.
Old 18-05-07, 12:22 PM   #7
Hockeynut

If you use MSN then add me on that, and then we can arrange a ride at short notice if we get the chance.
Old 18-05-07, 12:50 PM   #8
G
Mega Poster

Added, although whilst at work access onto msn is very on and off depending on who is walking about.
Old 18-05-07, 12:51 PM   #9
Hockeynut

Hehe, same here, hence me not saying anything.
Old 18-05-07, 06:47 PM   #10

If you newbies fancy a ride to the MFN one evening give me a shout.