SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-10-06, 07:53 PM   #1
Dysparunia

Default Wahayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hello,

As you've probably guessed, I'm new to the forum, so please be nice

Passed DAS 11 days ago, with Kent Motorcycles-who I'd highly recommend. Prior to this was riding on an XR125 since June (difficulty getting work holiday to get the time off to take DAS ).

So yesterday popped down to Kent Motorcyles & had a go on a half faired Hornet. Good bike with a wonderfull noise, was very tempted to buy..............

However waited until I could test ride an SV650, which I did this afternoon at Alford Bros in Folkestone (who incidentally did a good price on Part ex & initial price-much better than a certain other dealer near me):

GREAT bike, twisting the throttle when pulling onto motorway left me laughing out loud

Have put down a deposit for a new blue until650 Sport (full fairing & FREE insurance for 1st year), which should arrive mid next week (though I prob won't be able to pick it up until the weekend).

Very excited. Any suggestions for things to do/fit/alter early on. Am thinking prob rear hugger and mud guard extender thingy-good idea?).

Andy
Old 30-10-06, 07:54 PM   #2
Stingo

house - mad - welcome to it!!
Old 30-10-06, 07:59 PM   #3
Kinvig

Bonsoir!
Old 30-10-06, 08:01 PM   #4
cuffy

Ow do n welcome
Old 30-10-06, 08:02 PM   #5
Law

Welcome, mudguard extender will stop water killing your front cylinder and a hugger will stop most of the crud being flung onto your shock. You might want a tank protector to stop wearing away the paint as well. DB screen if wind blast is annoying you. Crash bungs in case it gets dropped. there are loads more mods you can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo
house - mad - welcome to it!!
OMG where's the "yarr me hearties, shiver me timber and splice me wotsits" Stingo?
Old 30-10-06, 08:21 PM   #6
lynw

welcome to the insanity.

If you nosey on into the SELKent section you'll find theres a meet of South London/Kent peeps Wednesday fortnights in Riverhead.

Im in Ashford for my sins

Oh and the most important mod law forgot to mention - change the can. You wont be disappointed - and Kent police have never pulled me up for it. Even when the throttle stuck and it was revving like heck at the lights behind a police car - I got their attention but nothing else.
Old 30-10-06, 08:28 PM   #7
Well Oiled

Wahaaayyyyy back at ya!

With that greeting I thought ya wa from Noocassle man !

Ride safely.

Cheers Keith
Old 30-10-06, 08:29 PM   #8
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Wahayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysparunia
Very excited. Any suggestions for things to do/fit/alter early on. Am thinking prob rear hugger and mud guard extender thingy-good idea?).
In no particular order and budget dependant...

Scotoiler, chain maitenance made easy
Hugger and a Fenda extenda.
Crash Bungs.
Double bubble screen if you are doing alot of motorway riding, will save getting a sore neck.
Taily Tidy - Improves the look of the rear no end.
Slip on exhaust.

All these are relvatively cheap, and easy to do. But make a big difference.

If you want to spend a bit more money...

Upgrade the front springs. Improves the ride and handling no end.

HTH

Welcome to the site.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-06, 08:33 PM   #9
Dicky Ticker

Just get the bike and enjoy it-------------Give your list of "add ons" to Santa Claus--and welcome
Old 30-10-06, 08:44 PM   #10
Jabba

Welcome

Should have got the Hornet, though!!