SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-08-08, 08:33 PM   #1
metalmonkey

Default Bacerlona

I'm off to Bacerlona with the Family on wednesday morining for 5 days....

I have never been there before and wanted to now whats good to do out there, I like art, cluture artitture ect. Also what is a good bar to head too, me and the rest of us are mid 20's in the family (apart for the olds) so something like that would be fun.

I eat almost anything, so where is good to eat? Any ideas
Old 03-08-08, 09:29 PM   #2
svrich

Default Re: Bacerlona

Sorry I can't help. Yes I've been there but it was on a stag do so I can't remember anything other that arriving at the airport, dodging prostitutes on the way back to the hotel one night, and the airport on ther way home again .
It was a great weekend
Old 03-08-08, 09:37 PM   #3
Frank

not been
soz
Old 03-08-08, 10:47 PM   #4
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Obviously visit the Sagrada Familia and park Guell is quite a nice little spot. There are numerous Gaudi buildings all over Barca. If you head for La Rambla, which is one of the main high street places, there are lots of infamous street performers and decent restaurants/cafes/markets along there.

The Picasso museum isn't bad, although it doesn't have any of his really famous pieces in it and its a bit out of the way. One of the better galleries in Barca is the Fundacio Joan Miro which is full of lots of interesting and wierd pieces of art and sculpture. You might want to try the Dali museum which is a far way out of Barca i think but worth it, or so i've been told.

Most importantly get a map and just roma about the place and see what you find, its not as overwhelming as London or Paris etc and have a great time.
Old 04-08-08, 05:49 AM   #5
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Get one of the bus tour tickets...............they are great. Stop off at the Nou Camp ( Barcelona FC home ground) and have a tour round there. Definitely stroll down Los Ramblas to the waterfront.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-08, 06:23 AM   #6
sarah

And watch out for pickpockets.
Old 04-08-08, 07:00 AM   #7
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
Get one of the bus tour tickets...............they are great. Stop off at the Nou Camp ( Barcelona FC home ground) and have a tour round there. Definitely stroll down Los Ramblas to the waterfront.
Good advice. Buy a ticket and they have two routes round the city hitting all the spots. Jump on and off all day.

Walk round to the far cable car pylon and get it across the bay up to Mountjuic hill , walk round the castle or/go look at all the guns in the museum. Fantastic views of the city and harbour. Get cable car and funicular back down to the old port.

Get the old blue tramcar then funicular railway up to the top of Tibidabo.The big church on the top of the hill behind the city. There is a fairground there too. Amazing views.

If walking down Las Ramblas, all the best pubs and restraunts are on the left (if heading south towards the harbour) and beyond in the Barri Gothic, especially around Placa Real. At night, to the right is all the sleaze joints and prostitutes. Fine during the day and some great shops though.

Dali museum is in Figueres. Not to be missed if you have time. Get a train.

Love the place. Even better if there is a GP on.
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-08, 08:48 AM   #8
plowsie

+1 on the Camp Nou, do it so that you can say you've been to one of he greatest stadiums in the world.
Old 04-08-08, 08:50 AM   #9
BillyC
Mega Poster

Great city... watch out for pick-pockets, got quite a reputation nowadays. Been going there for years, and have regularly visited that part of Spain all my life.

By the way, it's Bar ce lona... it's a city with great pride, and they might get the hump if you say or spell it wrong
Old 04-08-08, 09:17 AM   #10
Bear

+1 on Parc Guell. Beautiful place. Theres some great bars in the barri Gotic, and some lovely ones around by the Museum of Contemporary Modern Art (MACBA). There's also loads of skateboarders round there, so it's a nice place to just hang out and drink coffee. Best beach is out by the Olympic Village. Enjoy!