SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 13-09-09, 01:41 AM   #1
xXBADGERXx

Default The Idiots are here

MCN "Take back North Wales" weekend is here and I am sat in bed listening to bikes absolutely hammering it down the A55 . Coincidence ?

My double Glazing tends to filter out most traffic noise but in the last 2 hours I have heard bikes absolutely being caned past my house , gets really annoying when you are trying to sleep and those who are apparently "representing" the biking community are keeping me awake . nice one MCN
Old 13-09-09, 06:27 AM   #2
orose

Default Re: The Idiots are here

So, it'll turn out like some people thought it would then - lots of lovely headlines generated for MCN and lots of fines for NWP.

Hmmmmmm.....
Old 13-09-09, 06:32 AM   #3
mister c
Mega Poster

I'm wondering if the Police will just play a low profile approach just to naff MCN off. Let them have thier swansong & then go back to normal next week.
I'm glad I don't waste my money on such a rag
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-09, 08:10 AM   #4
scooby

You could be right, I went to the Pondy yesterday and no sign of the Taffyban anywhere . conspicuious by there absence, so my gues is they were all on weekend leave yesterday in order to be available for today or they simply won't show. whatever happens Bikers will have bad press.
Old 13-09-09, 11:14 AM   #5
xXBADGERXx

Don`t get me wrong , loads will come and have a damned good time , I can hear more than the normal amount of bike traffic today , I also heard sirens in abundance last night . I also heard many an inline 4 being hammered past my house , strange that it was never a twin or triple that woke me up but always seemed to be some sort of high powered bike being thraped within an inch of the rev limiter .

I sincerely hope that these people do not get caught and generate bad press and wind the local Police up and the locals even ....... we just can do without it to be honest . The Police , if they were crafty enough , would just go about their jobs as normal and not give MCN anything to brag about , it will blow over and hopefully there will be no backlash ....... and that`s the bit that worries me now . Oh man my face feels like rubber today and I have just got out of bed due to being kept awake , not good thing by any stretch of the imagination , maybe I am more aware of it and the locals won`t notice that much ....... time I moved to the front bedroom away from the A55 anyway
Old 13-09-09, 05:00 PM   #6
Speedy Claire

Was an event, I think, that was well worth staying away from. I doubt very much it will achieve anything other than a lot of monetary fines and penalty points.
Old 13-09-09, 05:39 PM   #7
skeetly

Ahem.
Whilst I confess to be amongst the doomsayers.
It did look pretty cool seeing more bikes than cars in betws this afternoon
Me and the missus were returning from our weekend and it was so packed that she got off and walked home th elength of the village so I could have a cup of tea ready when I got there.
I rode back right along the A5 (NOT A55) with dozens of bikes in both directions and I didnt see a single copper apart from the poor individual trying to direct traffic at the waterloo bridge. Traffic was gridlocked; even filtering was difficult.
Quite impressive

Last edited by skeetly; 13-09-09 at 06:34 PM. Reason: I came home on the a5 not the a55, bloody wobbly fingers...
skeetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-09, 06:31 PM   #8
xXBADGERXx

I have heard sirens all day long here , but maybe that was for emergencies and to clear traffic . The last hour has been a steady exodus of well behaved bikes , I am just dreading the darker hours when I am trying to sleep .
Old 13-09-09, 06:57 PM   #9
xXBADGERXx

Just heard on the Grapevine that there was a fatality near Bethesda today RIP .
Old 13-09-09, 07:14 PM   #10
skeetly

Hmmm. Nothing showing on the NWP site:
http://www.north-wales.police.uk/nwp...p?sid=PR696652
skeetly is offline   Reply With Quote