SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-04-08, 12:09 PM   #1
600+

Default Racevisors.co.uk - Rant

I am posting on the back of a thread from last week when somebody was looking for a discount code to buy of them. I used the same code to buy of them a pinlock visor with an insert for my AGV Helmet.

I placed my order on Monday 14th and I received on Friday 18th. Opening the envelope I find a NON pinlocked visor ie not drilled. When I placed the order I specifically asked for one already drilled and was told no problem we will send you an already drilled one. Great I thought! Thnx.

It's now Monday after the weekend when I ring to ask that I send it back as it is not drilled for pinlock. Surprise surprise the lady I initially spoke to is not around. So I agree to send it back to be pinlocked.

Called today and the visor has been received BUT the lady on the phone (to whom I spoke on Monday about the return) is asking me for a further £5 for them to pinlock it!!!

Notice how in all the above and in all the conversations I've had with them there is no mention of this charge. I know it's on their site but since I placed the order over the phone and charged over the phone I wasn't advised of it and obviously why should I pay for it??!!

My initial order as placed was not fulfilled and I shouldn't have to pay anything extra. It is not about the £5 it's about the principal behind it. Their mistake yet they fail to admit it and on top knowing that I already have half the package they take advantage of that. I was offered a full refund but that wouldn't give me a pinlock visor now would it?

Obviously calls are not recorded and the lady I placed my order with was for the 2nd week absent....so no way I could have "won" this.

Overall it's a cr@p way of dealing with a customer! Personally I would have done the drilling for free if it was my business! Can't see how it would cost them £5 but hey.....

Rant over!
Old 25-04-08, 12:19 PM   #2
muffles

Default Re: Racevisors.co.uk - Rant

Sounds iffy, I think I bought my visor from them and that came with pinlock inserts (on purpose) so I could swap it over from my clear/winter visor. It arrived OK but did take a long time (10 days maybe?). Didn't get it wrong but not massively impressed for that reason.
Old 25-04-08, 12:23 PM   #3
sarah

I've bought 3 visors from them (all purposely without pinlok) and I didn't have any problems.
Old 25-04-08, 12:24 PM   #4
Luckypants
Mega Poster

How unusual, 600+ having a rant.

doesn't sound too good and is why I like to sort this kind of thing by email. Takes longer but what has been said is proven.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-08, 12:45 PM   #5
600+

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
Sounds iffy, I think I bought my visor from them and that came with pinlock inserts (on purpose) so I could swap it over from my clear/winter visor. It arrived OK but did take a long time (10 days maybe?). Didn't get it wrong but not massively impressed for that reason.
yeap they do send it out by Royal Mail 1st Class so it takes 3-5 working days...not sure which 1st Class option this is really must be a special one they have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
I've bought 3 visors from them (all purposely without pinlok) and I didn't have any problems.
well there will be some that had no problems.......question is how many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
How unusual, 600+ having a rant.

doesn't sound too good and is why I like to sort this kind of thing by email. Takes longer but what has been said is proven.
hey at least there is a reason for ranting lol

Problem with email is most of these companies never check it or it takes ages for them to get back to u
Old 25-04-08, 12:49 PM   #6
xXBADGERXx

I ordered my stuff over a week ago and it hasn`t arrived as of yet , I mailed them last night enquiring where the order was and Sarah said it was posted on the 21st of April and will be with me shortly . They used to send you a despatch email ages ago telling you it was on it`s way . I think they are more concerned with making their website look snazzy than looking after orders at the moment .
Old 25-04-08, 01:00 PM   #7
600+

surprised with Sarah replying as she was the person I spoke to to place my order but today or last week she was nowhere to be seen....
Old 25-04-08, 01:08 PM   #8
xXBADGERXx

That`s who replied to my email man
Old 25-04-08, 01:13 PM   #9
600+

hahaha I believe you.......it was sarcasm
Old 25-04-08, 01:59 PM   #10
Dave The Rave

I got 2 visors from them and would recommend them to everyone. BUt I had non pin locks as they are both dark tint. Hope you get it sorted mate!