SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-10-04, 10:24 PM   #1
Warren

Default High and Dry - i wish mate

can anyone recommend a set of waterproofs

coming home from the M25 - chucking it down .
even the inside of my helmet is wet - i am soaked.

so i think i need to get myself some waterproofs.
someone i know said you can get a waterproof oversuit for your leathers that goes over the top - any advice ?
Old 24-10-04, 10:31 PM   #2
Wiltshire7

i could do with some also....

ive always wondered... why r waterproofs always black? i cant think of a worse colour for the road.
Old 24-10-04, 10:47 PM   #3
Cloggsy

I had to wear my Alpinestar waterproofs for the first time today Top quality bit of kit & I was dry as a bone when I got home

Depends what size you are, coz I'm selling my missus's set on eBay ATM, take a look here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire7
why r waterproofs always black? i cant think of a worse colour for the road.
Dunno
Old 25-10-04, 12:03 AM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

I just wear a pair of ordinary waterproofs from an outdoors store (£10) which work a treat, and a ridiculous Linkin park tour jacket I got for helping cart flightcases a few years back, it's fairly waterproof and has elastic cuffs

If it's really wet I wear my cordura trousers with the armour taken out over my leathers, and the waterproof jacet over the cordura jacket. But to be honest, this makes you walk like John Wayne and makes it slightly difficult to get on and off the bike.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-04, 05:55 AM   #5
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Depends what size you are, coz I'm selling my missus's set on eBay ATM, take a look here

Dunno
Ok I have just put a bid in for them so they are mine
Old 25-10-04, 08:44 AM   #6
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Depends what size you are, coz I'm selling my missus on eBay ATM
Depends how fussy she is, mate
Old 25-10-04, 09:35 AM   #7
Jelster

I find that I have to fight to get in and out of 1 piece waterproofs so went the 2 piece route. Hien Gericke do an over jacket for about £25, and over trousers for abot £20. This means that you can wear just the jacket if you think you may get a shower at some time, and they're good wind stoppers too.

Old 25-10-04, 10:23 AM   #8
Mogs

I bought a "Frank Thomas Aqua Sport Suit"

http://www.ane-shop.co.uk/prod/catal...71bda8191c39ae

I've riden in the rain over the last few weeks and not once has it let me down. True, it is black, so I wear my Hi-Vis waistcoat over it, and its a strugle to get on and off. Still good value for money - less than £50.
Old 25-10-04, 11:09 AM   #9
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
I just wear a pair of ordinary waterproofs from an outdoors store (£10) which work a treat, and a ridiculous Linkin park tour jacket I got for helping cart flightcases a few years back, it's fairly waterproof and has elastic cuffs

If it's really wet I wear my cordura trousers with the armour taken out over my leathers, and the waterproof jacet over the cordura jacket. But to be honest, this makes you walk like John Wayne and makes it slightly difficult to get on and off the bike.
that reminds me - i got a less than jake tour jacket somewhere - ill dig it out.

also - think i might pop down to my local camping shop and then to army + navy to see what they got there.
i always found that motorcycle gear is expensive compared to normal gear (i.e thermals and such)
Old 25-10-04, 11:15 AM   #10
wigan650s

i wear a one piece ricah set £30,fit easily over leathers theyve been 100% waterproof and warm(they stop the wind chill)and i ride in the ****test of weather for 100's of miles at a time,pretty easy to get on and off large zips on the legs and a slanted main zip that goes to below the groin..zip can be a bit fiddly and gets snagged easily though