SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-07-07, 03:14 PM   #1
darylB

Default Flooded house

Thanks to the weather last night i am now spending the day trying to dry the house out, the whole of the ground floor was flooded to about 4 inches deep, i have now discovered that carpets float. The water only stayed in the house for about 45 mins but it was 45 mins too long. At least we are insured but it's going to be months before it is all sorted. Next time we move house it will be a long way from a brook or water of any type.

Daryl.
Old 21-07-07, 03:28 PM   #2
Slim666

Default Re: Flooded house

Bad luck, atleast the bike dos'nt mind a bit of water, hope that not too much damage was done.
Old 21-07-07, 03:31 PM   #3
Alpinestarhero

Oh crap matey, I hope it can get fixed for you quickly. Did you manage to save stuff like TV and stuff? How deep was it?

Matt
Old 21-07-07, 03:39 PM   #4
darylB

Luckily i had moved the bike and cars to higher ground, the water was only about 4 ins deep but all the carpets are ruined, we managed to get most of the furniture upstairs but the settee,s are wet, it'll be a full decorate downstairs and all new carpets, and prob a new suite, it's up to the assassors to decide what is salvageable, cleanable, i hope they coma soon but they are somewhat busy at the moment.

Daryl.

p.p. thanks for the sentiments guys.
Old 21-07-07, 03:44 PM   #5
El Saxo

Sorry to hear this Daryl, I've been speaking to plenty of people at work today who have been flooded too and it sounds very nasty indeed. Hope everything gets sorted quickly for you.
Old 21-07-07, 04:02 PM   #6
Ed

Oh no!!! The brook I suppose....

Best of luck in getting it sorted Daryl.
Old 21-07-07, 04:26 PM   #7
kwak zzr

sorry to hear this darylb
Old 21-07-07, 05:14 PM   #8
LouLou

Sorry to hear about that...hopefully it will all be sorted out asap. So much inconvenience tho...I'm glad I don't live somewhere where flooding's a risk
Old 21-07-07, 07:48 PM   #9
nickj

Damn, hope it all gets put right quickly for you.

It is bad round here at the moment, live by welshpool and took me over an hour instead of 10 mins just to get round all the floods earlier.
Old 21-07-07, 07:52 PM   #10
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylB View Post
Luckily i had moved the bike and cars to higher ground, the water was only about 4 ins deep but all the carpets are ruined, we managed to get most of the furniture upstairs but the settee,s are wet, it'll be a full decorate downstairs and all new carpets, and prob a new suite, it's up to the assassors to decide what is salvageable, cleanable, i hope they coma soon but they are somewhat busy at the moment.

Daryl.

p.p. thanks for the sentiments guys.
Well at least u managed to save a fair bit of stuff. Chin up

Matt