SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-05-16, 10:13 PM   #1
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default why have i been absent...

to put it plainly...

this
Psychosis_brd.png

i'm very much into headphones so i decided to make another amplifier incorporating a few designs that can be bridged in and out to create a multitude of different type of headphone amplifier designs as well as testing different designs of discrete buffers. will have enough power to easily drive headphones of 600ohm and enough power to burst my eardrums if desired.

i have had a few designs along the same lines which have all sounded fantastic so i'm hoping this will be the same which it should.

its a single stereo board measuring 10x8cm with onboard power, headphone socket and volume pot so all i need to hook up i a transformer, case and input/power sockets. the finished chassis should measure 18x10cm.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 10:32 PM   #2
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: why have i been absent...

Well that's great, but how will it help me align my chain?

Looks very complicated! What will the source be? Turntable?
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 10:46 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

source will be a Raspberry Pi/dac top hat running Moode.

i got an RPI last year and i'm blown away by the sound quality of these little modern marvels of technology.

while i do have some very very nice turntables the RPi is sooooo close its a no brainer. seriously.. i have had the pleasure of listening to some very expensive hifi in my time and the RPI is superb.. ok so not the absolute last in audio but its simply amazing for £70. to put it into perspective my blu-ray player is an oppo BDP-95 and the RPi is ahead of it in clarity of sound.

Last edited by Bibio; 02-05-16 at 10:48 PM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 06:36 AM   #4
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

So thats what caused sonic boom in Newcastle last night

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote