SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-03-06, 04:40 PM   #1
thor

Default Abusive phone calls on a mobile

I keep getting abusive phone calls from some firm trying to sell me investment advice. I'd like to get hold of their details so I can report them to FSA. Does anyone know how I might do this? Their number was withheld. Would my mobile operator be able to give that information?

Anyone had anything similar?

Thanks in advance!

John
Old 28-03-06, 04:48 PM   #2
philipMac

Default Re: Abusive phone calls on a mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
Would my mobile operator be able to give that information?

Anyone had anything similar?
They can, whether they will or not is another question. A friend had the same happen to her. Eircell (Ireland) took care of it quite well, reported him, and dc him as he was also an Eircel customer, and this is in breach of contract.

this sounds silly, but have you asked them clearly to not ring you? I know there is a law in the US that if you make a clear request for them not to call holds a lot of sway. Simpley shouting at them that they are a load of XXXXs etc means nothing.
Old 28-03-06, 04:49 PM   #3
thor

Yes I said please dont call me again. They did.

Bizarely, I now want them to call me so I can ask them who they are!
Old 28-03-06, 04:52 PM   #4
philipMac

Under Government legislation introduced on 1st May 1999 and replaced on 11th December 2003 by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, it is unlawful to make unsolicited direct marketing calls to individuals who have indicated that they do not want to receive such calls.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

Good luck mate.
Old 28-03-06, 04:59 PM   #5
thor

Yeah, I'll need it I think.

*******s...
Old 28-03-06, 05:06 PM   #6
philipMac

start quoting laws at them chapter and verse.
start threatening them with legal action.
And...
get onto your provider and report it.

Old 28-03-06, 05:08 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

If you asked them not to call and they do then try this next time. "oh hang on, this sunds interesting but i'm driving at the moment... can you hang on a sec?"
Then see just how long the twits will hold before they figure youre just wasting their fone bill
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-06, 05:15 PM   #8
thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipMac

Done that! Waiting for a reply now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
If you asked them not to call and they do then try this next time. "oh hang on, this sunds interesting but i'm driving at the moment... can you hang on a sec?"
Then see just how long the twits will hold before they figure youre just wasting their fone bill Laughing
I just hung up last time. They called me again and left a rather nasty message as well. That's really going to appeal to your new customer! NOT

Anyway, I want to shop them to the Financial Services Authority. What they are doing is outrageous.
Old 28-03-06, 05:24 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipMac

Done that! Waiting for a reply now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Then see just how long the twits will hold before they figure youre just wasting their fone bill Laughing
I just hung up last time. They called me again and left a rather nasty message as well. That's really going to appeal to your new customer! NOT

Anyway, I want to shop them to the Financial Services Authority. What they are doing is outrageous.
I agree with wanting to shop them, but the likelyhood is that they are based abroad and so the FSA will have no power over them, sadly.
They want your money thats all, and once you start wasting theirs they'll take you off their list pretty quickly.

I did the same to a company from america who had clearly only learnt rule one of sales ... "ask a leading question and follow it with Dont You?" Every time they called i said "yeh it sounds great, me and my bro wanna invest £100k each. Call me next week when my trust fund is available."
Gave them that line week after week till one of them got really angry and said "you've been saying this for months now, i think youre just full of ****! Why dont you just admit you got no money?"
My killer line to them was "Cos i like talking to you guys on the phone, it gives me a thrill to know you like me enough to keep phoning me"
They never called aftre that wonder why
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-06, 05:28 PM   #10
thor

Reminds me of this.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~egbg/counterscript.html