SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-07-06, 08:17 AM   #1
Lou M

Default Help me Out...

I need your suggestions:

My post at work is being made redundant next month, and I've managed to get a new job starting in September.
So, now I know I'll be earning again I want to treat myself to something with my redundancy money.

I have this yearning to buy a Vespa. But can't decide whether to get an original (maintainence isn't a problem) or find a nice shiney new one.

Or am I wasting my money and should find something else to buy myself?
Old 17-07-06, 10:25 AM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

If your set on getting a Vespa i'd get an original one personaly.

But i'd also be tempted to treat myself to some shiney new kit if it was me.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-06, 10:28 AM   #3
Jester666

You ARE keeping Red as well aren't you? You need the V twin rumble in your life!!!
Old 17-07-06, 10:38 AM   #4
Lou M

Red is definately staying - I couldn't live without him! I wouldn't be able to keep up with my other half on his SV otherwise!

But I just fancy something a bit different and wacky. And have now found a local dealer (well, Birmingham, so not too far) that sells Vespas that they have restored, and I've fallen for a pale blue and cream 125!

We'll have to make the bike shed bigger!