SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-04-09, 11:20 AM   #1
Bluesteel

Default Replacement front wheel cowl/fairing

I cleverly managed to crack the plastic that sits atop my front wheel by driving off with a lock still attached to the disc. I’ve a light blue (you know, the girly silver blue) 2006/2007 SV.

I want to change bikes soon, so I think it’d be prudent to get my bike looking as good as it can. I’ve done a fair bit of internet searching but I’m not having much luck bringing up replacement parts. This might be because I don’t really know what it’s called, and also I suspect because bikes being broken for parts are likely to have suffered damage to this vulnerable part.

Any suggestions on where to look?
Old 20-04-09, 11:42 AM   #2
diamond

Default Re: Replacement front wheel cowl/fairing

It's the front mudguard, try power bronze if you don't want to pay suzuki for an original.
http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/shop/pr...ROD_ID=1387780
Old 20-04-09, 12:00 PM   #3
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Now you know the proper name for it , ring up your local Suzuki dealer and check how much a new one cost

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-09, 01:45 PM   #4
Bluesteel

Thanks chaps. A quick search on eBay returned this little chap @ £64, which I'll buy right now i think.