SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-05-07, 12:26 PM   #1
Kinvig

Default Tomb Raider gets her collar felt

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/register/20...n-d1d76f9.html

They raided his house then arrested him on firearms offences.

I would be a liittle bit aggrieved in his situation - "unconfirmed" gun man sighting etc. Busting down his door in the wee hours!

Unlucky.

Innocent until guilty. blah, blah blah!
Old 17-05-07, 12:33 PM   #2
Razor

Default Re: Tomb Raider gets her collar felt

Bunch of plonkers, poor bloke is lucky he wasn't running to catch the tube.
Old 17-05-07, 01:02 PM   #3
Ping

Old 17-05-07, 01:12 PM   #4
injury_ian

Im sorry, but i'll stick up with the police again, If you saw someone with what looked like a gun, would't you err on the side of caution? like that bloke with the table leg, it was onlyu him that knew it wasnt a gun but the thought h'd act the big man, wave it about, and sadly got shot! his fault tho!

as for mr brazilian, if armed police told me to stop, i wouldnt run, jump a barrier, dive on to a train?!
Old 17-05-07, 01:15 PM   #5
carlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury_ian View Post
Im sorry, but i'll stick up with the police again, If you saw someone with what looked like a gun, would't you err on the side of caution? like that bloke with the table leg, it was onlyu him that knew it wasnt a gun but the thought h'd act the big man, wave it about, and sadly got shot! his fault tho!

as for mr brazilian, if armed police told me to stop, i wouldnt run, jump a barrier, dive on to a train?!
+1. And the fact that only last week a copper was shot dead I think its understandable for them to take the 'safer' option for all concerned.
Old 17-05-07, 01:16 PM   #6
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury_ian View Post

He did what every other commuter did - he ran for a train. He did not jump a barrier. The police only made their presence known when they got on hte tube, held him down then shot those 10(?) bullets into his head. No warning was given afaik. The brazilian bloke didn't even look like the perp the police were after.
Old 17-05-07, 01:17 PM   #7
Razor

You're right of course. That was in all likelihood an unlicensed cardboard cut out. Throw away the key!
Old 17-05-07, 01:17 PM   #8
Kinvig

oooh! Hasn't all this individual rights & freedom issue stuff made my blood boil.
Old 17-05-07, 01:30 PM   #9
carlos

If it was all so innocent and the police were heavy-handed then why was he held for 13 hours and bailed for firearms offences?
Old 17-05-07, 01:32 PM   #10
Steve H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
He did what every other commuter did - he ran for a train. He did not jump a barrier. The police only made their presence known when they got on hte tube, held him down then shot those 10(?) bullets into his head. No warning was given afaik. The brazilian bloke didn't even look like the perp the police were after.