SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-04-07, 05:21 PM   #1
kwak zzr

Default anyone own or know anything about the BMW 320?

Looking at a 51 plate in gold with 58,000 on the clock @ £8000, 2 owner from new, no marks, absolutly mint. anyone know anything about these?
Old 11-04-07, 05:27 PM   #2
furrybean

Default Re: anyone own or know anything about the BMW 320?

Gold beemers look a bit asian

Thats to top and bottom of my knowledge!
Old 11-04-07, 05:42 PM   #3
kwak zzr

thanks.
Old 11-04-07, 06:22 PM   #4
muffles

I used to own old BMWs for about 6 years, so more knowledge on those, but may be able to help...what kind of information are you after?

The only thing that stands out from those to check is the price - just seems a tad on the high side for a 51 plate 320i given that the 320i is a medium/low engine?
Old 11-04-07, 06:58 PM   #5
gettin2dizzy

pretty bland! check out www.parkers.co.uk
Old 11-04-07, 08:48 PM   #6
Jelster

Best way to ruin your driving... Buy a BMW....

Old 11-04-07, 08:55 PM   #7
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I had a 51 plate 318 SE as company car. The 320 is a 6-cyl engine yeah?

If it is a 51 plate, make sure it is the face lifted version as 51 was when the newer model came out. Tell tales are the shape of the side repeaters and position of rear fog lamps. If front fogs are fitted, they are round on face lift model and oblong (I think) on the earlier one.

Check the tyres, cos they are bally expensive. Haggle if they need replacing soon and don't settle for crap tyres as cars like this demand good tyres.

In my experience the progressive traction control comes in too early but is overwheelmed if pressing on.

Oh! Bally expensive to repair if you hedge it. But paint does not scratch easily!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-07, 09:03 PM   #8
Mr Toad

Sounds expensive. I wouldn't touch it unless it had full leather & an auto box, + all the extras.
A 24 valve Mondeo is going to be better value and more fun. Having said that, the build quality of my BMW is far better than any Ford I've ever had the pleasure to own or drive

Go for a bit of an older one and you can get a real bargain - the build quality means they last more or less forever, and as there are plenty about you can afford to be fussy and wait until a good 'un comes along
Old 11-04-07, 09:22 PM   #9
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
I had a 51 plate 318 SE as company car. The 320 is a 6-cyl engine yeah?

If it is a 51 plate, make sure it is the face lifted version as 51 was when the newer model came out. Tell tales are the shape of the side repeaters and position of rear fog lamps. If front fogs are fitted, they are round on face lift model and oblong (I think) on the earlier one.

Check the tyres, cos they are bally expensive. Haggle if they need replacing soon and don't settle for crap tyres as cars like this demand good tyres.

In my experience the progressive traction control comes in too early but is overwheelmed if pressing on.

Oh! Bally expensive to repair if you hedge it. But paint does not scratch easily!
its got 18" M3 wheels which the owner said cost £1600? its got the leather and all the extra bits, the reason i was intrested in this one was i kinda know the owner and he babys this car and its never dirty. all the servicing is BMW.
Old 11-04-07, 09:23 PM   #10
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster View Post
Best way to ruin your driving... Buy a BMW....

would like a focus st jelster like yours but the only one i can afford really is the old shape one and ive got a 1.8 zetec at the mo (didnt want to have the same car again)