SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-10-07, 12:10 PM   #1
Smudge

Default Bloody traffic wardens

Ive just gone to pick up a parcel from the Mrs, as i stopped and phoned her a warden came over and said you carnt wait there so i moved the bike into a quiet corner off the road and out of anyones way he follows me and says you carnt park there either i said I'm not parking I'm just picking up a parcel from my wife but again he says not here so i go down the road and stop to tell her Ive had to move so it will have to be a different place and yet again the pr!ck walks all the way down whilst I'm on the phone so i turned around and went up the road turned again so's not to stop and rode back down at which point he wrote my number down surely you carnt get a ticket when your moving can you?
Old 03-10-07, 12:13 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: Bloody traffic wardens

Traffic wardens are the ultimate jobs worth, he's just being a knob!
Old 03-10-07, 12:21 PM   #3
G
Mega Poster

A lad I know got a ticket issued by a camera operator for stopping on double reds.

I have heard of it a few times altough i doubt anything will come of it.

JOBWORTHS nothing worse than a know it all who does everything exactly by the book with not a hint of remorse or indeed common sense
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 12:26 PM   #4
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Jobsworthythat probably spent their youth being bullied, afraid of the dark & with p!ss stains on their trousers.

No, I don't like Traffic Wardens one bit!! I remember when I lived up in Edinburgh reading about stories where they'd issued a ticket to a Hearse, being loaded up outside a Mortuary, or the old trick of slapping a ticker onto the windscreen of a car, whose driver has just walked over to the Pay & Display machine.

Rant Over! (for now!)

Creatomatic

Last edited by fizzwheel; 03-10-07 at 05:55 PM.
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 12:44 PM   #5
neio79

they cant do you for pick up or set down. if youe engine was running and you were still on it waiting they cant touch you.
Old 03-10-07, 04:13 PM   #6
Ed

Here, the 'ParkRight' wardens gave a tickage to a WRVS van delivering meals on wheels and clearly labelled as such. It was cancelled on appeal. It made the paper, they made a good story that wardens had 'dished' out a ticket to a meals on wheels van, it wasn't very appetizing, and left the poor WRVS lady with a nasty taste in her mouth. Very funny.
Old 03-10-07, 05:22 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Some of them just enjoy the fact they can order people about.

Sad, sad people with little in their empty lives i guess.
That scene from Lock Stock where they find a warden in the back of the van with them always springs to mind when i hear of this type of jobsworth...but i'm not advocating violence in anyway, OK. Thats just wrong too.
Look what those supposed "bikers" did to that one felss outside a funeral in London recently. Bad news.

If you do get a ticket it will be easy to contest it so dont sweat it too much and PM me if a ticket/Notice to Owner arrives in the post so i can give you some advice that will clear it
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-07, 08:28 PM   #8
darylB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Here, the 'ParkRight' wardens gave a tickage to a WRVS van delivering meals on wheels and clearly labelled as such. It was cancelled on appeal. It made the paper, they made a good story that wardens had 'dished' out a ticket to a meals on wheels van, it wasn't very appetizing, and left the poor WRVS lady with a nasty taste in her mouth. Very funny.
They also dished out a load of tickets to people on the last bank holiday, all being appealed against as bank hols are treated as sundays, parking restrictions apply mon to sat, not sundays.

Daryl.
Old 03-10-07, 09:28 PM   #9
Frank

There was one near me,who was in the paper,because he let the local chippy owner park in a 2 hr space,allday everyday.MMMMMMMMM
Fish dinner any one????
Old 03-10-07, 11:42 PM   #10
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

I agree, the lock stock scene is the best one; ".... I f###ing hate traffic wardens...."[commence beating]