SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bodywork Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 04-03-06, 02:21 PM   #1
SilverfoxUK

Default Fabbri double bubble screen - poor fit on my K3 pointy!?

Hi all,

I just got a fabbri db screen on my K3 and I must admit I'm kinda let down
When I was fitting it, I noticed there is a small gap between the screen and fairing (doesn't fit flush like standard one) on the outside. I can live with this. But on the inside at the top where the screws go is a really nasty gap, about a cm wide.

After further investigation I realised the new screen does not have a recessed section where the plastic thread from the inner fairing meets it (like the standard one has) I suppose I could cut down the bit of plastic the screw from the other side goes into to get a nicer fit. But that shouldn't be necessary. £50 screen should fit snug.

I'm just wondering if I could have done anything wrong? Everyone else seems so happy with their screens...

Cheers.
Old 04-03-06, 03:01 PM   #2
will

do you mean the upper edge, not very techincal description, but do you mean the bit nearest the rider at the top where it meets the fairing on both sides? i'd post a photo but that will have to wait until monday.

i was suprised the fit was not better there, but its a very small issue IMHO.
Old 05-03-06, 04:44 PM   #3
w1ll15

i bought a fabri screen last friday and i was happy with fit etc on it.
Old 02-06-06, 12:09 PM   #4
Lee Rainbow

Default Re: Fabbri double bubble screen - poor fit on my K3 pointy!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverfoxUK
Hi all,

I just got a fabbri db screen on my K3 and I must admit I'm kinda let down
When I was fitting it, I noticed there is a small gap between the screen and fairing (doesn't fit flush like standard one) on the outside. I can live with this. But on the inside at the top where the screws go is a really nasty gap, about a cm wide.

After further investigation I realised the new screen does not have a recessed section where the plastic thread from the inner fairing meets it (like the standard one has) I suppose I could cut down the bit of plastic the screw from the other side goes into to get a nicer fit. But that shouldn't be necessary. £50 screen should fit snug.

I'm just wondering if I could have done anything wrong? Everyone else seems so happy with their screens...

Cheers.
Fitted one to my k5 that i got off ebay had similar problems so i just cut off the petruding bits with a junior hacksaw then it fitted a treat
Old 04-06-06, 08:37 PM   #5
Blindly

Hi,

I have one of these on my SV K4. At the front of the screen the fit is not a close as the original. This is down to the small recess cut in the original all the way round the screen. At the rear of the screen there are quite large gaps at the top of the screen. I decided that the overall look was much improved from the original and could live with it. Although I am a lot more concious about rain running down behind the head lights. A couple of posts recommend filling this gap with clear silicone (or the like) if you are that concerned.

If you want pictures of mine to compare let me know and I'll send them to you.

Vince