SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-12-12, 11:43 AM   #1
Robust2

Default Goodridge brake line length, faired/naked?

Hi all,

I bought myself a set of Goodridge braided hoses (2 piece, 'race' style) for my K6 SV650N as a christmas present and was really excited when they arrived on saturday. However, upon inspecting the package it said they were lines for a K3-K5 SV650S. I contacted the seller, who pointed out that these are the lines that Goodridge specifies for my bike in their catalogue: http://www.goodridge.net/documents/d...012_suzuki.pdf

I was always under the impression that the S brake lines are a bit shorter due to the clip ons and Goodridge has made a mistake? The K3 has different lines for the N and the S, which strengthens my belief.
Could anyone confirm this or does anyone have experience fitting the S lines onto their naked?
Old 23-12-12, 12:18 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Goodridge brake line length

yes they are to short if they are for an S.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-12, 05:51 PM   #3
Shawthing

Yes . Looks like a Goodrich Typo but could be that they are made overly long.

Measure the length of the shortest of the two Goodrich lines ( center of banjo to center of banjo ). S Bike right caliper line will likely be between 73 and 76cm. N Bike line should be noticably longer.
Use the 'piece of string' method to measure , on the bike, the length of your current brake line from the center of banjo on your master cylinder down to center of banjo on you right ( as you sit on the bike) caliper.

This will tell you if they are going to be OK or not.

Non arbores caesa suum mittere nuntius, sed magnum numerum electrons uehementissime incommo.

Last edited by Shawthing; 24-12-12 at 12:20 PM.
Shawthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-12, 07:07 PM   #4
Robust2

The shortest of the two Goodridge lines is 75mm. I measured my line on the bike with a tape measure and it's more around 80mm. Thanks for the help!

I'll contact Goodridge when they start working again after new year, as I don't feel like the seller should fix their faults.
Old 23-12-12, 10:04 PM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

no. seller sent wrong lines and nothing to do with goodridge so contact seller and either get refund or get them to send correct lines.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-12, 12:16 PM   #6
Shawthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robust2 View Post
Thanks for the help!

I'll contact Goodridge when they start working again after new year, as I don't feel like the seller should fix their faults.
No problem.
Do contact Goodridge, at same time as the seller, as thier datasheet does look wrong and putting short lines on a bike has possible serious consequences.

Non arbores caesa suum mittere nuntius, sed magnum numerum electrons uehementissime incommo.

Last edited by Shawthing; 24-12-12 at 12:19 PM.
Shawthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-12, 02:10 PM   #7
Robust2

Seller sent the lines Goodridge told him to send for my bike. As Shawting said, it can only help future buyers as well.