SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-02-07, 12:42 AM   #1
Baph

Default Stocks...

Well folks, it looks set to be a good day tomorrow.

All markets are currently down

I was lucky, and saw both the chinese & jap crashes, so sold fast. Mind you, all things being equal that enmass probably caused the EU & US crashes. I now have some spare cash. Good.

Now. To spend, or re-invest.

If you buy as soon as the markets open, will it continue the crash as people sell as late as they can to recover losses, or will it climb as people buy at low prices.

NZ has already seen a 3% drop since opening. For those looking for bargains, my tip is mining companies on Thursday morning

Choices choices

Happy hunting to all those that have a clue what I'm talking about. For those that don't, nevermind, carry on about your business, nothing to see here

Last edited by Baph; 28-02-07 at 12:47 AM.
Old 28-02-07, 08:15 AM   #2
Dave The Rave

Default Re: Stocks...

I have a relatively well spread portoflio so I am taking only hit as big as the market dip (relatively speaking of course).

I think it is only a temporary trend anyway (perhaps something to do with possible USA : Iran war) as it has been a bull market since summer. So I am not panicking and haven't sold anything yet. As for buying there is always something that outperforms the current market, but spotting it, well that's a different matter. I don't have much spare cash at the moment anyway and will quite possibly have even less as my other half started talking about a new house
Old 28-02-07, 08:59 AM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

Wondered why there where a few unhappy poeple on the dealing desks yesterday!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-07, 09:06 AM   #4
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
Wondered why there where a few unhappy poeple on the dealing desks yesterday!
They're the one's without foresight. They'll be looking at the crash as "oh bummer, I just lost £x." That's messed up.

The markets are still continuing downwards this morning, but at a slower rate than yesterday, so they're starting to show signs of stabalising.

My broker has specific instructions to hold my money & re-invest in specific companies first thing thursday morning. I'm going with the mining company tip.

Why? Well, the chinese will always need fossil fuels (the dirty oiks ) & building materials (blooming rabbits). Why chinese? I'm hedging my best & reckon that their market will be amongst the first to pickup again, although I reckon japan will show the best improvement.

Of course, I could loose a fair amount of money this way... but it's always a risk when playing.
Old 28-02-07, 09:11 AM   #5
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave The Rave View Post
I have a relatively well spread portoflio
Mine is so well spread that I have no risk at all, if you see what I mean.
Old 28-02-07, 09:17 AM   #6
Dave The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Mine is so well spread that I have no risk at all, if you see what I mean.
maybe you want to gather it together a bit than?
Old 28-02-07, 10:27 AM   #7
gettin2dizzy

think the chinese market may be a bit dodgy for a while. There was talk of taxing market trading. Until thats sorted anything could happen!
Old 28-02-07, 01:54 PM   #8
northwind
Mega Poster

Hilariously, we've got a big staff stock release coming right up this week Lucky I lacked the financial acumen to get into the deal really, I took the cash and bought an SV
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-07, 06:11 PM   #9
El Saxo

Baph is it you that's been sending me all those stock tip emails?
Old 28-02-07, 08:34 PM   #10
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Saxo View Post
Baph is it you that's been sending me all those stock tip emails?

Trading today? Well, blow me down with a feather cap. Exactly as predicted. All markets opened & straight away made losses.

China fell another 2%, but is now standing 4% up on opening, not so hot for me, but it's still down 5% from yesterdays opening. Still the biggest profit chance. Most of this investment has been in technology companies, with the exception of IBM, which is still down. Looks like the mining industry has pretty much stabalised, which is good news for me.

Dow has fallen 3.3%, but then clawed back around 70 points total.

Interestingly American GBP for last quarter was 2.2% up, but below the predicted 3.5%. Expect a little uncertainty in the American markets.

Nikkei, opened & went 4.9% down, only clawing back 2.9%. Hang Seng is down 2.5% overall. Most European markets made marginal losses too.

Still looking like tomorrow is the day for growth, then it's just a matter of picking the right time to sell & jump back to the more stable markets

PS I dont normally post things like this, don't worry, I'm not intending on making the org a stock trading forum, but I figured that if it was of any use, given the possible profits, that I'd share