SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-04-09, 01:25 PM   #1
chasey

Default First ride since my off.

..and what a delight! Was only a 50mile round trip that I took as a very steady ride.

In some respect I think my little off has had a positive impact on my perception of everything else around me and all the other dangers when I am riding. I seemed alot more alert and aware than what I previously did. I think I had fallen into a false sense of security before and was riding for myself too much.

Was a little shakey round corners but I guess this is to be expected. Also the lack of a right hand mirror is a very weird (not enjoyable) experience!

All in all, good to be back on the road and be smiling again!
Old 07-04-09, 04:50 PM   #2
cb5_keith

Default Re: First ride since my off.

I've had that feeling three times ... I think crashing is one of the fastest learning experiences! Made me a better rider!
Old 07-04-09, 04:56 PM   #3
zunkus

I know this sounds a bit over the top but as they say, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
Old 07-04-09, 05:27 PM   #4
pmapp
Mega Poster

Good on ya matey. Fairing panel OK?

If at first you don't succeed - use more gaffa tape.
pmapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-09, 06:12 PM   #5
ThEGr33k

Good to hear it was a +ve experience for you

Where abouts in N Yorks are you? Should head to Whitby for some fish and chips with me some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasey View Post
Also the lack of a right hand mirror is a very weird (not enjoyable) experience!

I kinda know what you mean, every time im out on the push rod I go to look in my non existent mirrors.
Old 07-04-09, 08:37 PM   #6
chasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmapp View Post
Good on ya matey. Fairing panel OK?
Going very good thank you. Had it sprayed, slight colour difference but I couldn't care tbh. Just want to ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
Good to hear it was a +ve experience for you

Where abouts in N Yorks are you? Should head to Whitby for some fish and chips with me some time
I'm from Harrogate. Went on the Catherine Wheel run at end of last year but didn't really talk to anyone. Always uneasy in large groups when I don't know anyone!
Old 07-04-09, 08:39 PM   #7
simesb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasey View Post
I'm from Harrogate. Went on the Catherine Wheel run at end of last year but didn't really talk to anyone. Always uneasy in large groups when I don't know anyone!
I remember you - glad you're back on two wheels.
Old 07-04-09, 09:11 PM   #8
Bluewolf

Good on you
Old 07-04-09, 09:53 PM   #9
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunkus View Post
I know this sounds a bit over the top but as they say, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Not alway.............
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote