SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-05-06, 01:52 PM   #1
shortie

Default Gearbox problem???

Hello all fellow SV owners,

Popping my sv650.org cherry with a query about my beautiful machine. In April I bought a 2001 SK1 SV650 with 3500 miles on the clock. Its a great machine but i'm finding that when changing up from 4th to 5th (and 5th to 6th) the gear doesn't always engage. At low revs it sometimes engages but if i'm giving it some (6000+rpm) it won't engage 1st time. Try again and it engages. Changing down isn't a problem though. This is becoming frustrating as I go to overtake and get let down. Can anyone tell me if this is just a characteristic of the bike, something i'm doing wrong or worst of all, is there something wrong with the gearbox or bike.

Also, I have a spyball alarm fitted and i need to identify the model for insurance purposes. The garage where I bought the bike don't know nor does the previous owner. I've search the net for Spyball dealers but haven't had much luck in tracking anyone. All of the garages i've been to don't touch Spyball. Any ideas where i can get it identified?

Thanks guys and gals,

Shortie
Old 14-05-06, 02:20 PM   #2
Speedy
Mega Poster

Hi Shortie!

I found that used to happen on mine,but only when changing 'normally',now I change up quickly and positively,now no probs!
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote