SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 10-05-07, 09:33 AM   #1
DanAbnormal

Default Interesting week......

Well, I've had an interesting week bike-wise. Got hit by a car on Sunday afternoon while out on a ride with a mate. Filtered to the front of some traffic lights near the Meadows in Camberely, lights go green I start to pull off when a Ford KA decideds to jump the lights and hits my left leg and starts to push me across the lanes. At this point I look at the driver who swerves the other way and then apologises.................I mean is it me but how do you not see a bright green and very loud bike!? He never stopped but then the bike was not damaged but my leg was a bit sore. I guess I could have made him stop but was just thankful hat I was still upright.

Then on Tuesday morning just coming out of my road on the Hornet, enter a roundabout just after the Ely to head towards the M3 when a car decides that they do not need to give way to traffic ont he right (or on the roundabout). At this point I am half way on the roundabout, I can see he is not going to stop in time so I start to brake. Car is stil steaming along so I emergency brake and lose it on some gravel. Bike goes down and lands on me. Luckily I was doign about 15 mph at this point so just have a minor scratch to engine casing and handlebar ends are scuffed. My right knee now hurts like a swine and my Roof helmet is well and truly ruined. Car mananged to stop eventually, although I have to say there was so much gravel on that roundabout even he skidded right past the roundabout. Turns out he was uninsured too (borrowed his mum's car for interview as his had broken down that morning). As I am relatively unhurt and bike is almost totally fine I decided to give the young kid a break. Told him how stupid he was and he could have killed me but demand that he covers the cost of new jacket and Arai helmet. I have all his details so if he messes me about I will be calling the plod.

So I've got two sore knees but a shiny new Arai helmet. A good outcome considering!

Last edited by DanAbnormal; 10-05-07 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-05-07, 09:41 AM   #2
Bear

Default Re: Interesting week......

Bad luck buddy, but I'd get the top of the line lid if I was you!
Old 10-05-07, 09:47 AM   #3
sarah

eeek, bloody hell, sounds scary, glad you are okish.
Old 10-05-07, 10:17 AM   #4
DanAbnormal

Thanks peeps, I got myself a nice Aria Chaser yesterday, Unbelievable difference from my Roof and my cheap Caberg. Cost £325 but asked for £20 off (why not eh?!) and got it!
Old 10-05-07, 10:18 AM   #5
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakadan View Post
Thanks peeps, I got myself a nice Aria Chaser yesterday, Unbelievable difference from my Roof and my cheap Caberg. Cost £325 but asked for £20 off (why not eh?!) and got it!
which design?
Old 10-05-07, 10:20 AM   #6
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
which design?
It's the camoflague black and grey one. Looks quite smart me thinks. Has got so many vents! I shall show everyone my helmet later.............ooerr!
Old 10-05-07, 10:24 AM   #7
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakadan View Post
It's the camoflague black and grey one. Looks quite smart me thinks. Has got so many vents! I shall show everyone my helmet later.............ooerr!
cool, i love that design. weren't you tempted to get the camo and GREEN one though??
Old 10-05-07, 10:26 AM   #8
sarah

btw, looks i may have to ride stinky II to the pub as eviltwin is feeling a little delicate after a mammouth drinking session last night/this morning. really hope it doesn't rain (or i'll have to wear my rather fetching waterproofs).
Old 10-05-07, 10:28 AM   #9
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
cool, i love that design. weren't you tempted to get the camo and GREEN one though??
I REALLY was, but then I thought I change my bikes so often that it's safer to with black/grey!
Old 10-05-07, 11:44 AM   #10
Tara

**** Dan - gald you are OK tho.