SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-09-05, 11:45 PM   #1
KayDee

Default Does any one have the Suzuki alarm system?

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/partdetai...id=100002&m=24 as seen here.

There is next to NO info on the Suzuki site. Can any one tell me what it does?
Old 04-09-05, 12:12 AM   #2
hutchy

I got it with my SV 3 months ago, it's an Accumen CAT 1 alarm immobiliser -
at that time no insurance company would recognise it (every one asked which Datatool it is) so I've got "unspecified alarm" on my policy document (Bennetts) - I now see that Carole Nash are trying to promote this alarm in MCN and will give discounts if you have it fitted

It comes with alarm fobs and key blanks, you have to have the keys cut yourself, I did and its well worth it.
The alarm isn't very loud, I don't think it would deter a couple of thieves from loading it in a van and driving off - but it can be connected to an external sounder (something I havn't got around to)

It has a direction indicator warning bleep that starts after you've been indicating for 20 secs, it's annoying if your held at traffic lights but a blessing if your prone to forget to cancel them, it can be disabled. I tend to cancel the indicators and count to 3 then restart then when waiting at lights.
Old 04-09-05, 07:48 AM   #3
TC3

For the same money or cheaper u can have the Datatool system 3 fitted which is a better alarm by the way
Old 05-09-05, 11:27 AM   #4
SV650Racer

Its basically an Acumen Cat 1 alarm.

IMHO far better than a datatool system 3 and alot easier to fit and less comebacks on those we have fitted for problems.

It should have an adjustment for the volume on the alarm, i understand its explained in the docs for the alarm.

Best bit is the intergrated key fob...makes loosing your alarm fob less likely to happen!
Old 06-09-05, 06:10 PM   #5
independentphoto

Yep- got that on my SK5. I specified it due to it having plug in looms and stainless brackets made to suit the bike- oh and the flip keyfob .

Just watch out that not only do you get TWO fobs, but that the dealer gets the blanks cut and fits them for you. That's what I had done at no cost.

The indicator reminder can be switched off but it does come in handy and I must admit I like it. If your stuck in traffic with the indicator on, it builds to a volume that all but the most chronic deaf cage drivers will hear and suddenly spot you . As for the volume being low- NOT on my bike and that's without any extra siren .

Accumen was actually started by some ex-Datatool manager(s) and one aim was to eliminate reliability and water probelms etc. Interestingly enough, Triumph are also using this as their own alarm.

Garry
Old 06-09-05, 06:14 PM   #6
TC3

Maybe my dealer was not being truthful when he told me to go for the datatool rather than the suzuki alarm as it is better as far as he was concerned
Old 06-09-05, 08:32 PM   #7
hutchy

Maybe it's just me but compared to car alarms it sounds a bit pathetic, I don't think someone who wants to steal my bike would be worried with the volume in the back of his van?

If there is an adjustment to siren volume I cant find it anywhere in the manual, just different tones. Here is a link to the manual online

http://www.acumen-electronics.co.uk/users_cat1.html

If I wasn't being so lazy I'd ring acumen and ask them