SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-02-09, 01:23 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Anyone use Joomla?

OK, I am looking for an easy to use free CMS, Joomla seems to fit the bill as for as cost and availability of hosting is concerned. But how easy will it be for my numpty customer to maintain his content?.

I asked him the other day to test his web mail I had set up for him. He did not know what internet explorer or browser was. When I finally went to his office he only knows to launch outlook for mail, or "google" for web. He did not have anything on his menu that said "web mail" or browser. Somebody had renamed his Internet destroyer icon as google. dumb numpty.

I have never used joomla, but seeing as I already have it on one of my reseller packages, I might as well try the numpty with it.
Old 01-02-09, 01:30 PM   #2
Baph

Default Re: Anyone use Joomla?

If the numpty doesn't understand Internet Explorer, he will need serious education (and probably a manual) to enable them to edit content in Joomla.

For your average .Org user, they'd be perfectly fine.

However, I really wouldn't advise Joomla for anything. Unless you keep right on top of the security updates you'll get royally screwed by some American 11year old. Even if you do keep on top of updates, you'll be lucky if you don't get rooted.

Joomla is very, very well targeted by those that you don't want targeting you.