SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-09-07, 06:20 PM   #1
neraz

Default Working on my bike

Hi! I had a problem with my 2003 sv 650s and took the bike to get it fixed. they are charging me $35 an hour. They said that the oil is leaking in the engine cylinder so they had to rip the engine to fix it. its been three days and today they called me and said that they got the bike running but the cylinder is shooting oil to the other cylinder. I am a rookie in this but why do I have a feeling that these guys are ripping me off.

Suggestions requied.
Thanks
Old 20-09-07, 07:04 PM   #2
ASM-Forever

Default Re: Working on my bike

Not much help mechanically, but i like the sound of the labour. I pay around $100 per hour, here in England!
Old 20-09-07, 08:13 PM   #3
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Default Re: Working on my bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by neraz View Post
Hi! I had a problem with my 2003 sv 650s and took the bike to get it fixed. they are charging me $35 an hour. They said that the oil is leaking in the engine cylinder so they had to rip the engine to fix it. its been three days and today they called me and said that they got the bike running but the cylinder is shooting oil to the other cylinder. I am a rookie in this but why do I have a feeling that these guys are ripping me off.

Suggestions requied.
Thanks
Utter crap,
both cylinders have a commom sump ie at the crankshaft, there is no connection in the cylinders from one to the other apart from the Throttle bodys at the top and no oil passes through those.

ask them for a more detailed explanation be for you let them do anymore work on the bike.