SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-12-05, 03:46 PM   #1
Chipstix

Default Missing fastners, help required...

Hi all,

I have a 2000 Suzuki SV650S (blue). I have some missing fasteners but don't know what I need. The first is viewable when looking towards the front of the bike to the left of the headlight and secures the upper part of the front fairing to the lower part. This is missing on one side. Had heard a friend mention 'spire clip' but not sure what this is...

The others that are missing are (on both sides), the vertical fastener bolt that secures the rear corner of the triangular plastic airbox or side covers.

Please could you help me work out which these are so that I can order them

Cheers,

C
Old 02-12-05, 03:51 PM   #2
BURNER

If that's all you need drop into your local Suzuki dealer, they should only be a couple of quid for the 3 of them.
Old 02-12-05, 08:39 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

The side cover things don't have a vertical bolt, it's one of those wee plastic rivet things. I'm not sure exactly what it is you're missing on the front... Wee clippy thing and a short screw? In teh air-vent looking bit under the headlight?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 09:23 PM   #4
haggis

The front ones could be the same black plastic push rivets as on the seat infills. There are two on the underside, where the centre section connects to the side fairing just forward of the radiator.

If it's the hole where the fake airscoop is then that's the metal clips.

I should have spares of both types from when i took off the fairing. I'll have a look and see how many survived the off, if you want them just ask.
Old 02-12-05, 11:52 PM   #5
BURNER

I don't have the underside fastners for the front fairing, I just zip tie them together. You can't see them anyway.

Well if you look carefully you can see the white zip tie in this pic: Click Me! Is that what you're missing?
Old 04-12-05, 06:03 PM   #6
Chipstix

Default thanks...

Thanks Guys,

Had another look at the bike earlier, I see what you mean about the rivets that hold the side covers on, a closer look revealed no thread for a bolt. (Its the attachment point just above the top of the pillion footpeg brackets). So I guess I need two of those plastic rivets.

As for the front, it is the hole where the fake airscoop is, so guess that means its some kind of metal clip...thanks haggis, I may have to take you up on your offer. I'll pm you with my details,

Cheers,