SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 04-10-09, 02:38 PM   #1
Well Oiled

Default For Sale - Black SV650S K4, lots of extras

I’m selling my beloved black beauty – SV650S K4. I love the bike the only reason to sell is that (as posted in the Idle Banter thread about next bikes) I’m getting older and find the sportier position uncomfortable on long rides. So I’ve bought a V-Strom and I’m reluctantly letting the SV go. Giving orgers first refusal.

I’ve had her since late 2006 and in that time she’s never missed a beat. Dead reliable, runs and handles great and plenty quick enough.

Details:
- 1st registered June 04. 18,000 miles on the clock
- In very good condition – see photos
- Leo Vince SBK exhaust – sounds lovely. Removable baffle (doesn’t make a lot of difference, so don’t choose a fussy garage for the MOT!)
- Tail tidy, hugger and belly pan all included
- Datatool alarm with two remotes on key fobs.
- Almost new Bridgestone BT020 tyres (dual compound – harder in middle for long life, softer at sides for great cornering). Hardly any wear on them
- Always serviced on schedule since I’ve had it (by me, I trained as an Auto Engineer). All valve clearances checked at 16,000 and were still well in spec. Oil changed frequently and top quality oils always used (perk of working for an oil company)
- Serviced over summer including oil change, air filter, spark plugs, new brake pads, new brake fluid, new coolant, and renovated front forks (using much better paint than Suzuki – should stay looking great for years)
- New chain and sprockets at 15,000. In excellent condition as it’s always run with a Scottoiler (Scottoiler is not part of sale as I’m swapping it onto the new bike).
- Smoked mini-indicators and will throw in couple of spare ones I bought a while back.
- Taxed until end of November, MOT July 2010
- Workshop manual (PDF files on CD)
- A few minor marks and the usual bit of deterioration of paint on front of engine casing (mainly hidden by belly pan). The only other mark worthy of mention is a scuff to the front edge of the exhaust when I skidded on an oily patch right in front of my house and the bike went from under me. Didn’t mark frame or plastics as I had R&G’s on (which I've removed for new bike).
- Asking price for quick sale (as I need to pay off the new bike): £1800 OVNO. It’s a great bike for that price.

Drop me a PM if you want more details or want to have a look (I’m in the Derby area).

Cheers Keith

Last edited by Well Oiled; 04-10-09 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added Tax & MOT plus workshop manual on CD
Old 04-10-09, 07:33 PM   #2
kiggles

Default Re: For Sale - Black SV650S K4, lots of extras

out of interest how did you fit your tail tidy. i have just bought a pyramid plastic under tray and want to know how i fit it as well as have a tidy tidy for the bike on at the same time because most i have looked at seems not to have the right room free to just screw on a tail tidy as the undertray closes the gap to the bolt holes needed by the tail tidy
Old 04-10-09, 08:41 PM   #3
Nelson

Lovely looking bike. And a bargain too! Good luck.
Old 04-10-09, 10:28 PM   #4
Well Oiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggles View Post
out of interest how did you fit your tail tidy. i have just bought a pyramid plastic under tray and want to know how i fit it as well as have a tidy tidy for the bike on at the same time because most i have looked at seems not to have the right room free to just screw on a tail tidy as the undertray closes the gap to the bolt holes needed by the tail tidy
I didn't - it was on it when I got it. I have removed and replaced it to fit the scottoiler though and it just kind of wraps around the subframe in 3 pieces which are held together with plastic clips, bolting to a couple of points including the grab rail mounts and ones just under the front seat.
Old 05-10-09, 09:16 AM   #5
Triv650

Give me another 8 months and I'll buy her off you But that is the kind of bike I will be looking for at that price range after that time.

Last edited by Triv650; 05-10-09 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-10-09, 05:55 PM   #6
Well Oiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triv650 View Post
Give me another 8 months and I'll buy her off you But that is the kind of bike I will be looking for at that price range after that time.
I have a feeling it will be sold by then
Old 06-10-09, 06:23 AM   #7
Shells

You have PM
Old 06-10-09, 08:25 PM   #8
Well Oiled

Provisionally sold. Thanks for the interest from others who PM'd me and sorry you missed out.
Old 06-10-09, 08:29 PM   #9
Triv650

X`(
Old 10-01-10, 01:15 AM   #10
SV65O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Oiled View Post
Provisionally sold. Thanks for the interest from others who PM'd me and sorry you missed out.
I know its been a while but, has the bike been "officially" sold yet?