SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-06-10, 04:10 PM   #1
harrygila

Default SV650 Fork Diameter?

Hello,

I've been using the search function to try and find my answer and it seems that both the injected models from 2003 onwards have the same diameter for the front forks ast the carb models which is 41mm?

Is this correct and can someone confirm this?

Is it then possible if the diameter of the stanchions are the same that you could fit the forks from a carb model straight into the yokes of an injected model and then use the carb wheel, discs, spaces, spindle etc?

Thank you.
Old 15-06-10, 04:25 PM   #2
zadar

Default Re: SV650 Fork Diameter

yes.
Old 15-06-10, 04:30 PM   #3
harrygila

Perfect, this is the answer I was looking for :P

This allows me to use my forks from the carbed SV with the upgraded internals and not need to buy different wheels. Are there any major changes between the injected forks and the carbed forks? Such as the length of the stanchions etc as I noticed the parts numbers on just about all the parts are different.

Another quick question is about the rear wheels of the injected SV's to the carbed SV's the part numbers are different but the disc mounting looks the same but what about spindle diameter and bearings etc? The part numbers are all different between them but can you use a carbed wheel in the back of an injected SV?

Thanks
Old 16-06-10, 05:15 AM   #4
zadar

Wheels are same but bearings and spacers are not. Carrier just needs spacers swap (inner and outer carrier spacer).
Wheel needs bearings and spacers from injected.
Old 19-06-10, 07:01 PM   #5
harrygila

Sorry to keep this going but it does relate to my first question.

So the stanchion diameters are the same and they will fit in the yokes of an injected model. However what about the distance of the forks across the yoke? Is it the same centre to centre for both the injected and carbed models? Or will the yokes of and injected model be too wide for the forks and wheel assembly from a carbed model and vice versa?

Thanks
Old 20-06-10, 12:12 AM   #6
zadar

Yes, it is same.