SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-03-15, 05:45 PM   #1
orangebud

Default Yet another new shock thread

Hello all,
I'm looking at replacing my standard shock, it was ropey to start with and now its had it.
I know this general subject has been chewed over ad nauseam here, but i have a specific question i couldn't find an answer to, so hold fire on the 'try the search function' comments!
I'm looking to buy a new shock somewhere in the £300-450 price range. I dont want to trawl ebay for a ZX10 shock of indeterminate age and then send it off for refurbishment.
So having looked around, it looks like Maxton, K-tech and Hyperpro all do shocks in this range, but I'm wondering which to go for. Is one of them (or another brand ive missed) clearly better than the others?
I'm 13 stone in my leathers and after something for fast (ish) road riding, and its a 2007 pointy.
Any tips?

Last edited by orangebud; 07-03-15 at 05:47 PM.
orangebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-15, 05:55 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Yet another new shock thread

Nitron Sport unless your a riding god then its going to fit the bill just nicely. if you live in the UK then you can have them serviced by Nitron so you know its done right. Nitron will also build the shock to your requirements for no extra charge (well they did for me anyway). most of the parts are quality made in Japan, those that aren't made in Japan are made in the UK and all shocks are assembled here in the UK.

no matter what shock you go for you will have to get it serviced around every 20k or less to keep it in tip top condition.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-15, 05:57 PM   #3
orangebud

Wow, that was quick, concise too!
Very much appreciated, I'll give them a buzz on monday.
orangebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-15, 08:57 PM   #4
theenglishman

2nd shout for Nitron - excellent product.
theenglishman is offline   Reply With Quote