SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 15-01-07, 02:08 PM   #1
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Default AGV Ti-tech

I know this should go in the helmet section but it's only a quick question and no-one looks there!

Just bought a new Ti-Tech. Does anyone know what is the little bit of fabric with the 2 plastic bits stitched either side that came in the packet meant for?? At first I thought it was some kind of cleaning rag, but that doesn't make sense.

Also what is the consensus with tear-offs? Got a little bag of them with the helmet and was about excitedly stick them on, when someone pointed out that it will make me look like a tw*t!

Thanks
Luke
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-07, 02:51 PM   #2
rictus01
Mega Poster

You're right Luke it should be in this section.

if everyone puts everything in bike talk, no one will ever look anywhere else.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-07, 11:14 AM   #3
tricky

I used to have a TiTech but I dont recall having one of those, post a pic of the unidentified thingy maybe ?
Old 21-01-07, 10:14 AM   #4
lukemillar
Mega Poster

I think I have figured it out. It seems to slot into the helmet just under the chin guard, to keep the underside of your chin warm!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-07, 03:56 PM   #5
Johnny_BoomBoom

Default Re: AGV Ti-tech

Seem to remember that the tear offs are not for road use....couldn't tell you where I got that from though.....

Bought one myself, and think the helmet is great!
Old 18-04-07, 09:31 PM   #6
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Your right, it does fit under the chin. Helps to keep the wind out and lessen some of the noise.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-07, 05:26 PM   #7
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_BoomBoom View Post
Seem to remember that the tear offs are not for road use....couldn't tell you where I got that from though.....

Bought one myself, and think the helmet is great!
little problem with having to throw them in to moving traffic maybe?
Old 04-05-07, 11:01 PM   #8
andyaikido

Use your tear offs wisely. I got told by Hein Gericke that they can't sell them as they are illegal on the road for environmental reasons (really) as you would be throwing them all over the road and if you buy a replacement visor it will not have the tear off posts.
Old 05-05-07, 10:20 AM   #9
wyntrblue

i got an agv lid, and used tear off for a year, got stopped a few times and the coppers allways thought they were a great idea, and that there was nothing wrong with them... downside is agv lids are not really made for day to day use. im on my 2nd in a year now (thankfully there cheep) and the tear offs can be a real pain in the ass to find when you run out.
Old 06-05-07, 07:23 PM   #10
andyaikido

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyntrblue View Post
i got an agv lid, and used tear off for a year, got stopped a few times and the coppers allways thought they were a great idea, and that there was nothing wrong with them... downside is agv lids are not really made for day to day use. im on my 2nd in a year now (thankfully there cheep) and the tear offs can be a real pain in the ass to find when you run out.
I don't think it's readily enforced law, just a technicality that means you can't buy them.

Personally I think they're handy on a long day out, just tear off every few fuel stops and throw in the bin.

Not possible for me anymore as I had to replace the visor and the new one has no posts.