SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-02-08, 10:59 AM   #1
lily

Angry People at work...concerned... I really don't think so!!!!

Right so I returned to work this morning following Drew?s off, having had Monday and yesterday off without using my holiday (nice company).

Following the first hour of how is he, is he alright, are you alright and everything like that, it has now started!!!! Apparently I should tell Drew that it?s the bike or me!!!! I?m sorry but everybody at my work can @*&^%$?^*@

I would never ask Drew to even think about giving this up, it is something he has gone on about since we started dating and in November we were able to afford it so did it!!!

Why should I ask Drew to choose between me and the bike, if I really begged I know he would give up the bike, but I don?t want him to.

I have finally stopped crying over what happened on Monday to be told horror stories all morning of bike crashes and people dyeing to which has ended me up crying again, over what could have been. We know he was lucky, but I don?t want to think of what could have been I?ve come back to work cause at the moment when I look at him I think about what could off been.

Currently just nodding at the people I work with but next person to say you should make him give it up?..might be surprised at the answer they get!!!!
Old 13-02-08, 11:06 AM   #2
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: People at work...concerned... I really don't think so!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
Right so I returned to work this morning following Drew?s off, having had Monday and yesterday off without using my holiday (nice company).

Following the first hour of how is he, is he alright, are you alright and everything like that, it has now started!!!! Apparently I should tell Drew that it?s the bike or me!!!! I?m sorry but everybody at my work can @*&^%$?^*@

I would never ask Drew to even think about giving this up, it is something he has gone on about since we started dating and in November we were able to afford it so did it!!!

Why should I ask Drew to choose between me and the bike, if I really begged I know he would give up the bike, but I don?t want him to.

I have finally stopped crying over what happened on Monday to be told horror stories all morning of bike crashes and people dyeing to which has ended me up crying again, over what could have been. We know he was lucky, but I don?t want to think of what could have been I?ve come back to work cause at the moment when I look at him I think about what could off been.

Currently just nodding at the people I work with but next person to say you should make him give it up?..might be surprised at the answer they get!!!!
Go "virtual-lid-shopping"

Goolge for Arai or Shoei, find a site with lots of designs and then as your co-workers their opinions on design/style etc

Show them that not only will you not be asking your man to give it up, but you are going to be doing it yourself.

With my recent off the worst thing was phoning home to say there had been an incident and, when I got home (I wasnt hurt) I asked my wife if she wanted me to give it up

She told me where to go with that "soppy cr@p" so now the Sv is written off, new bike is on order

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-08, 11:08 AM   #3
Pedro68

It's an emotional time ... and people who don't ride, just don't understand. Ask ANY of them, "Have you NEVER had an accident of ANY kind?! If you have, did you consider giving up the thing that may have caused the accident?". See what responses you get to that ...

At the end of the day, Drew had some bad luck (to come off for no apparent reason) ... anyone can suffer "bad luck" ... you could accidentally and uncontrollably spill boiling hot water over your hand whilst making a cup of tea ... would you stop drinking tea because of this one incident?

If you can't reason with them, then as hard as it may be, just ignore them

Good luck
Old 13-02-08, 11:09 AM   #4
Welsh_Wizard

1.) Buy box of doughnuts
2.) Buy small syringe
3.) Buy laxative
4.) Insert small amount of laxative into doughnut
5.) Serve to 'friends'
6.) Phone Drew and revel in your victory
Old 13-02-08, 11:11 AM   #5
Pedro68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Wizard View Post
1.) Buy box of doughnuts
2.) Buy small syringe
3.) Buy laxative
5.) Serve to 'friends'
And if you can't ignore them ... then this should go down a treat, since it sounds like they are full of sh*t, and so may need to expel some in a more appropriate manner rather than aiming it at you
Old 13-02-08, 11:13 AM   #6
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Wizard View Post
1.) Buy box of doughnuts
2.) Buy small syringe
3.) Buy laxative
5.) Serve to 'friends'
Hehe.....now that has made me laugh.

On a serious note. If for one minute I thought "I had done something wrong" then I would seriousley be thinking......should I be doing this.

I love Lily more than my biking, but she knows how big a dream this has been of mine. In my eyes, her collegues don't know me, so am a bit cross how they can criticise me this way. My work have been great, just backing me up and being concerned, buit cause they know me and they can see me coming to work with a smile everyday cause of the bike, they know it means a lot to me.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-08, 11:15 AM   #7
Ceri JC

Email round graphic photos of car accidents as a warning to all the car drivers about the hazards of driving.
Old 13-02-08, 11:17 AM   #8
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Tell them to f*ck off and mind their own business.

What you and you Drew do is noting to do with them.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-08, 11:19 AM   #9
Luckypants
Mega Poster

fizz tells it as it is, a man of few words.

totally agree though.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-08, 11:22 AM   #10
Kate Moss

Can only imagine your frustration Lily. The last thing you want to think about is "what could have been".
Totally agree with the donut tactic -
and totally agree with learning to ride yourself just to shut them all up!!! and then you can be a beginner with me!!

People are so quick to critisize when something bad happens. Try and ignore all the horror stories that you hear. If you are anything like me you are concerned enough when they go out for a ride, you don't need these stories popping back into your head everytime they go out for a ride.

Im like you, I'd never ask Phil to choose between me and the bike (I'd lose anyway!) but the point is, I don't want him to choose. He is doing something he loves and something that makes him happy, why would people presume you want to take that away from them?? UUUUGH Some people aye!

Don't let them get to you.

Maybe we should all take a ride to your work and make a lot of noise and show you our support!!!