SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: Tourist Trophy or MotoGP?
Tourist Trophy 20 68.97%
MotoGP 3 10.34%
Other (please post up) 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-10-06, 08:57 PM   #1
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Tourist Trophy or MotoGP?

Ok I know this has been posted before but I need some up-to-date opinions on the best biking game
No matter how many people I ask there is never a definitive answer.
So what do you think is best? Tourist Trophy or MotoGP
Whats the best in terms of realism, bike accuracy, graphics, choice of tracks and any other comparisons you can make
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-06, 09:02 PM   #2
BILLY

TT super bikes It's like doinng the TT without the risk!!!
Old 22-10-06, 09:03 PM   #3
Coddy_SV1000Z

i havent played tpurist trophy yet and currently have moto gp, moto gp gets boring after a while so not goona vote for it
Old 22-10-06, 09:12 PM   #4
jonboy99

TT is fecking awesome - bike handling, graphics, smoothness etc.

Only downside is a bit lacking in game progression and vareity of races etc. But still highly recommended. Any biker with a ps2 should own it.
The MotoGP games are just sh*t arcade efforts in comparison. I've never played the IOM one, or the other new one that i've heard is ok.
Old 22-10-06, 09:32 PM   #5
linco

Tourist Trophy is fantastic. It looks really good though the tracks are a bit bland. But thats a trait of the game, its the same as the Gran Turismo. I'd rather they put the effort into the physics and the cars/bikes anyway.

I've currently just completed a 1:41.015 lap around Valencia on my MV Agusta RM '05.... Oh the sound.....
Old 22-10-06, 09:51 PM   #6
jonboy99

I prefer the sound of the gixer thou, call me a philistine

I love the sound of the smokers though, and being forced to get the lines right with them.
Old 22-10-06, 10:10 PM   #7
rob13

ive got ps2 and 360 but want something which i can play online hence im after a decent game for the 360. MotoGP06 is good but im hoping they bring something out where you can get road bikes along with some good courses. Ive got Test Drive Unlimited which is a good concept but the bike handling is poor. Even the cars are more like GTA than PGR
Old 22-10-06, 10:13 PM   #8
northwind
Mega Poster

I think it's Tourist Trophy I got... I wasn't very impressed, got bored with it fast. I got RS2 as well, which is a bit rubbish but I actually found it more fun. More customising, for one thing.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-06, 11:12 PM   #9
jkchops

I have got moto gp 4 and superbike riding challenge on ps2. Both are good but in different ways. I prefer superbike riding challenge as the bikes are real life models, has more tracks, a nice intimidation system where if you follow a rider for a short while you can knock them out which causes them to make a mistake allowing you to pass easier (you can also be knocked out which makes you go slow, corner and brake rubbish etc).

I havent played tourist trophy so cant comment. I would say have a look at superbike riding challenge though. It gets some good reviews!
Old 23-10-06, 08:25 AM   #10
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

The best biking game on any format is Tourist Trophy. Best tracks, best handling, best graphics, best difference in handling/performance of bikes, best choice of models.

Absolute quality. If you have any of the GranTurismo titles and lik'em then there is no subsitute. I bought TT Superbikes the other week and am back playing Tourist Trophy. Maybe good in its day but the Jap game just moves thing on by a mile just as they did with the tin-can games GT1/2/3/4etc.

STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote