SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-04-06, 10:42 PM   #1
Ed

Default Norwich Union Hospital Cash Cover Insurance

Incandescent of Shrewsbury writes - I've just received an unsolicited mailshot from NU sayinghow wonderful their hospital cash plan is. Read the small print and it excludes 'taking part in any hazardous pursuits' - definition includes 'motorcycling (as a driver or passenger)' as well as caving diving and all the usual suspects.

I've told them to shove it
Old 27-04-06, 08:28 AM   #2
Anonymous

Oh yeah, the onion (norwich union) as it is affectionately known by all who work(ed) there is terrible for this kind of thing.

They absolutely will not get involved in any kind of risk. To demonstrate.

When in worked in Finance there, they ran a "ask the staff" kinda thing to try and figure out how to increase advertising coverage etc. I guess it was a cost affective way of bringing a few thousand new ideas to the table.

The idea that came up time and time again, was MOTORSPORT. Sponsor motorsport - especially the motor insurance division. Makes perfect sense, you got lots of people into cars etc, wanting to be insured.. and if you sponsor that event you get shed loads of people seeing your adverts etc. WHAM!! Massive ROI.

But NO!

NU deemed that sponsoring a motor event was to line themselves up with a, yup,... you guessed it "hazardous persuit!"

Pfft!! Wazzocks, the lot of them.

Yes motorsport is dangerous - but its not a risk you stupid 'gets'.. you aint insuring anything.. its A D V E R T I S I N G!!!!!