SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 07-04-11, 06:54 PM   #1
amarko5

Default new bike cometh :-)

test rode the tiger 800 today and it's all the bike they say it is.

peachy and punchy enough for me i feel and never have i felt so instantly comfortable and confident enough to take the tyres edge to edge within mins of mounting the bike.

it was blowing a gale and the roads on newcastle side of hartside are rough and broken and damp in places, but i managed to edge to edge the bike without feeling in any danger or fluster whatsoever.

managed to get a reasonable deal on the bandit trade in so tomorrow i will be signing on the dotted line for a white pussy cat 800 abs road version.

pics from the demonstrator i had out for nearly 3 hours and over 140 miles on good A roads, bad A roads, good B roads and Bad B roads , with a little dual carriageway thrown in. all handled impeccably by the tiger.

after the testride i took the bandit on the same route and it bucked and weaved at some of it.

i will miss the colossal low down torque of the bandit, however the tigers is 3/4 the bandits, although a little higher in the rev range. power on the tiger is the same as the bandit but 2 k higher for peak, an added bonus is the tiger growls at peak revs (kinda addictive)

so it's time for change .

Old 07-04-11, 07:07 PM   #2
orose

Default Re: new bike cometh :-)

Thats worrying - I'm taking one out in the morning, and I was worried about losing the lazy S3 torque as well
Old 07-04-11, 07:11 PM   #3
amarko5

i will await your report

did i mention i was grinning and still am (from ear to ear )
Old 09-04-11, 02:54 PM   #4
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by orose View Post
Thats worrying - I'm taking one out in the morning, and I was worried about losing the lazy S3 torque as well
So? Wadda ya think ?
Old 09-04-11, 08:33 PM   #5
punyXpress
Mega Poster

See you've already claimed your parking spot & Hartside for the new bike. I STILL wont be able to keep up!
Enjoy.
Old 10-04-11, 09:50 AM   #6
rob13

Yeah me neither! So you've joined the Trumpet club Mark, will have to arrange a rideout soon.....
Old 10-04-11, 12:58 PM   #7
orose

In two words, no thanks... the engine is great, but the screen and wind noise would have put me right off if the brakes hadn't already done so. The riding position also felt odd to me - neither sporty or relaxed cruise.
Old 11-04-11, 04:12 PM   #8
Bluepete
Mega Poster

What's the matter?

1050cc's of Tiger power too much for ya?

We'll have to meet up and play over the summer.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 11:42 PM   #9
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
What's the matter?

1050cc's of Tiger power too much for ya?

Pete
More like too pricey for me Pete, I really did enjoy the 800 more so than any other bike i have test ridden lately.

orose !!! what was wrong with the brakes on yours ? the one i had you could put the bike on its nose with 2 fingers (if you so wanted) i do however have to say there wasn't a great deal of finness , you had to be gentle to get progressive braking. (possibly glazed pads although time will tell)

seating position for me (6 ft 1 inch) was fine with the seat up , but i will be looking for the taller screen .

just getting VERY impatient now and still got 2 or 3 weeks to go
Old 12-04-11, 06:41 AM   #10
orose

I suspect I've been spoilt... they felt like wood to me, but the speed triple has brembo radial mounts. I got the feeling that I wasn't slowing until I was squeezing a lot harder than I normally do.