SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Old 08-09-10, 09:13 AM   #1
thor

Default Alps trip - 2 days, starting from Geneva - Help please!

Hi guys,

As I am based here, and I have a free weekend, I was thinking of doing a weekend trip and staying over in a hotel somewhere. I want to get some proper passes done, as this is probably the last chance I will have before October. I prefer doing more interesting and scenic roads than real technical or fast stuff, and don't want to do too many miles and be shattered. I've marked out a route that I think will be nice, but I think it's too long perhaps! I was thinking that perhaps I should head over the higher passes between Italy and Switzerland, but there isn't actually that many of them to be honest, whereas between France and Italy a bit further south there are more options.

What you guys recommend?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=...3cdcd89f80&z=9