SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-09-11, 07:35 AM   #1
cbay
Mega Poster

Default Nice Fun Trip to A&E

Morning everyone!

Well yesterday afternoon, I was whisked off to A&E on a spine board after someone pulled out of a side junction and collided. Definately not one of the finest moments in my life yet.

So I was plodding along at around 45MPH on a national country road as it was just starting to rain and saw the car headlights coming up to the line of the junction so moved to the centre of road to give the driver better visability of me. He stopped at junction and I presumed (persumed being the wrong word) that he had seen me as he has stopped which at the time seems like a long time. So I continued but to my surprise (not!) he pulled out right in front of me. I horned, emergency braked thinking he might stop to give me time to stop or avoid him but still managed to collide unfortunently.

So after going head first into the front wing as after I hit him he carried on going. Then to top it off whilst I was curled up in a ball in shock and couldn't breath he was trying to get out his car and hitting me with his car door not once but several times just to rub it in a little more.

Plus I probarbly sounded like a right awkward bugger but all I kept saying to the paramedics is please please don't cut my motorbike gear inless you have to, as I had my full rukka set on, (even got complimented that I was well prepared for safety) Had my Rukka Armas Jacket and Trousers, Rukka Gloves and forcefield. Hate to say it but I think it most likely saved me...

Anyhow turns out I'm going to have some fantastic brusing and I fractured my ribs so alot of resting for me unfortunetly.

Plus I haven't seen the actual bike only a picture so unsure of the damage but I don't think its good.

So I don't care what anyone says you can never be too cautious or safe, I ride with IAM so am not a boy racer on motorbike risking my life every bend, I ride as I enjoy it not for the speed. I never thought I would say it but not sure if I will get another bike but I do love it! and just cause there are drivers out there without a clue, I don't want them to win.

Think Bike, Think cBay! will be going on my helmet which will now be an ornament in the garage.

Last edited by cbay; 05-09-11 at 07:39 AM.
cbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 07:40 AM   #2
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Nice Fun Trip to A&E

sorry to hear about your accident! Glad you are ok, if a little worse for wear right now. Don't worry about your gear, claim all that back off the pleb that caused the accident. Get a nice new set, even if yours aren't that badly damaged.
Bikes and gear can be replaced, people can't! Let's hope the car driver learnt something from this incident
Get well soon
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 08:00 AM   #3
AndyBrad

**** man thats not good. glad your in one piece though which is why you got all the kit in the first place!
Old 05-09-11, 08:05 AM   #4
maviczap
Mega Poster

GWS sorry to hear about your accident, not good
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 08:15 AM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

bad luck m8. GWS.

but if you had been wearing a long sleeved dayglow bib you would have been invincible

as for getting back on a bike, it's either in your blood or not and a mishap like this wont stop you if it is.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 08:29 AM   #6
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Crikey..not good. Hope you heal well and that you reflect on whether you do want to give up.

At least the driver stopped and didn't just drive off, which seems to be happening a lot lately.

GWS
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 08:38 AM   #7
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Fractured ribs aren't fun at all.

Makes wiping your **** really really difficult and painful
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 08:38 AM   #8
Geodude
Mega Poster

Sorry to hear about your tango with a blind driver, cracked ribs aren't much fun. When i broke mine in an off i caught a cold a few days later and coughing and sneezing with cracked ribs dont mix well so make sure all the plague bringers are kept well away.

Sounds like you did all you could to be seen, i think there should be more training for cage drivers to help them learn to look more as its getting worse and i dont think hi vis or permanent headlights are the answer. Maybe two weeks on a moped before they are allowed to drive a car or somthing to make them more aware. Hope the bikes not to bad cbay GWS buddy.

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 09:07 AM   #9
kellyjo

Oh no, thats horrible

Hope you heal soon, good job you had all the gear on!! xx
Old 05-09-11, 10:11 AM   #10
T33OWL

Sorry to hear that fella, but glad to hear that you will be ok..

Here's to a speedy recovery.