SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-12-09, 09:29 PM   #1
thedonal

Default Damn. Another 3 points then.

Pulled over on the A3.

Going too fast. Of course.

Officer was very reasonable though-I could have had a summons apparently- 78 in a 50. Apparently, as the traffic was fairly quiet, this was taken into consideration.

The officer is also a pointy owner and an occasional visitor to the .org (he didn't spot the SV at first). So fair play, whomever you are, for not making an unpleasant occurence an unpleasant occurence.

D
Old 20-12-09, 09:50 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Damn. Another 3 points then.

hmmm, one of our own giving another some points? not very sporting but only doing his job i guess.

Dont worry if i figure out who it is i'll give him some infraction points when he next steps out of line
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-09, 10:01 PM   #3
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonal View Post
Pulled over on the A3.

Going too fast. Of course.

Officer was very reasonable though-I could have had a summons apparently- 78 in a 50. Apparently, as the traffic was fairly quiet, this was taken into consideration.

The officer is also a pointy owner and an occasional visitor to the .org (he didn't spot the SV at first). So fair play, whomever you are, for not making an unpleasant occurence an unpleasant occurence.

D
Wherabouts?
That's a shame - I think I sucked all the luck out of that road for a while with my escape from punishment

Marked or unmarked?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-09, 10:02 PM   #4
thedonal

Well- I don't think he spotted mine as an SV at first- I guess he wasn't paying as much attention to it at first.

At the end of the day, it was a fair cop and he was very decent about it all- apparently he'd just issued a summons to a lady who was doing 80.

So not great, but not the end of the world either.

I should have had more sense- it's nearly Xmas, for a start, so there are more police keeping an eye on the traffic.

But there is a law there and I broke it. So that's that...

Still- damn. Damndamndamn. Bugger.!

I'm worried that the insurance may demand a bit more cash- I renewed early- it's due on the 23rd...
Old 20-12-09, 10:06 PM   #5
thedonal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Wherabouts?
That's a shame - I think I sucked all the luck out of that road for a while with my escape from punishment

Marked or unmarked?
Was marked. A few bends southbound from the Robin Hood junction. Was sat in a police layby (or entrance to the fields there..) didn't spot it at first due to other traffic blocking the view. He followed me to the New Malden exit.

As stated above, I escaped a summons, so in some ways it was lucky- and I prefer to see the plus sides of things these days.
Old 20-12-09, 10:12 PM   #6
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonal View Post
At the end of the day, it was a fair cop and he was very decent about it all- apparently he'd just issued a summons to a lady who was doing 80.
hehe, i love it when they say stuff like this .... they never say "i aint given a ticket in ages and the boss is moaning at me for not hitting targets and you just happen to be the unlucky git i pulled" do they?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 20-12-09, 10:26 PM   #7
thedonal

Lol. Though if he was likely to say that, I guess he'd be slightly more condescending, antagonistic and would have spoken to me as though I were 6.

And also, even if he was 'just saying that'- he would have been just saying it to take the sting out of being nicked. Which is also decent enough.

Anyway- that's 6 points now. Gonna have to be careful. I also overtook a bus being towed near oval and past a camera- though saw no flash for that one. Would be gutted if I got two in one day!
Old 20-12-09, 10:28 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

haha, i;m saying its funny how none of then EVER say that. I'm sure its like a spoon-full of sugar saying he's being nice as he gives you your medicine
Old 20-12-09, 10:31 PM   #9
thedonal

Yeah. Though I'm sure that they would get a few complaints if they piped up like that.

Or- "I 'ad a row with the missus before my shift started, so I'm gonna take it out on you".

I had a copper pull me over years ago and said it was lucky he was at the end of his shift and didn't want to do the paperwork...!
Old 20-12-09, 10:33 PM   #10
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

haha, i had one who didnt wanna take his hands out his pockets cos it was freezing cold. That was years ago too.

Cops, they dont make em like they used to.