SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 31-03-09, 09:10 AM   #1
Learningcurve

Default Did ya miss me?

Hiya, had you noticed I hadn't been around for a few weeks? Just got out of hospital.

Now here's the real bummer! I have a medical condition which will now prevent me from riding a bike ever again.

This means that as well as selling my SV a couple of months ago to a fellow Org'er, the ER6F has now got to go too!

I am completely gutted. i am soooo going to miss the freedom and sense of adventure the bikes have given me over the last 20 years or so.

I have spent loads of money on the ER6 as well, to get it up to full touring spec. Now someone else will get all the benefit!

I still intend to stay in touch on here though. So many nice people. plus I can still ogle the bikes, even if Im not allowed to ride one!

Gotta go, got an Ebay advert to write
Old 31-03-09, 09:13 AM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Did ya miss me?

Well your absence had been noted, but the consensus was that as you had sold the SV, the site held little interest for you.

Sorry to hear about your spell in hospital, sounds serious! I hope all is fixed now and you are on the mend.

Now not being able to ride bikes is a real bummer! I hope the condition does not affect your job?

Take care, see you soon I hope.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-09, 09:22 AM   #3
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Bummer - sorry to hear about this.

Glad you are sticking around - keep your lid and kit - I am sure you will be able to blag pillion spots for ride-outs.

Also if you can still drive, being support vehicle on a long ride - like to the AR for example is a great help to anyone on bikes - Cazza/KrazyKim were great for the Soho lot on our way to AR07 and MrsBigApes minibus was also well appreciated last year.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-09, 10:23 AM   #4
RichT

Real b*mmer... sorry to read that.

It doesn't mean you can't ride pillion though does it?

I appreciate that's not much of a substitute, but means you can get out now and then.
Old 31-03-09, 11:27 AM   #5
ArtyLady

So sorry to hear this having suffered health problems several years ago which took me off the road completely for 18 months, that was bad enough
Old 31-03-09, 11:27 AM   #6
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post
Real b*mmer... sorry to read that.

It doesn't mean you can't ride pillion though does it?

I appreciate that's not much of a substitute, but means you can get out now and then.
I found that extremely hard to do - wound me up so much as it reminded me of what I was missing
Old 31-03-09, 11:36 AM   #7
Baph

I saw this thread & was going to take the mick a bit, with comments such as "sorry, who are you again?" - but then I read the OP.

If you're able to ride pillion, you're more than welcome to my back seat for any rideout I'm on.

As LP said, hopefully the condition doesn't affect your work!

Keep in touch fella.
Old 31-03-09, 05:37 PM   #8
markryker

Post Re: Did ya miss me?

Blinkin` eck Les, cant ride again?!!! Nightmare mate, give us a shout sometime soon, perhaps take the car up the Ponderosa for a Coffee on a Sunday?
So sorry to hear this, take care pal
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
markryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-09, 05:38 PM   #9
Speedy Claire

Really sorry for you Les... never got to meet you either! best of luck x
Old 31-03-09, 06:19 PM   #10
Learningcurve

Thanks for the messages guys and gals.

The condition I have doesnt allow me to ride pillion either. basically its a problem with the discs in my spine. The doctors reckon that I could be risking permanent disablement with the constant bashing of the rear suspension on a bike. As i dont really want to end up in a wheelchair, I think its time to hang up my spurs.

It hasnt affected my job as yet. Although Im seated in the car for most of the day, the padding in the seat takes most of the shocks out of any rough roads. i have had to cut the work back a bit though. No more than five hours in the car per day.

I have to say that its not at all painful. Its just that if it does go, it could be a permanent thing so i dont want to risk it.

The most painful bit is having to sell the bike. i only bought it brand new in September last year, and have spent a fortune kitting it our for touring this year (now that cant happen). I put the advert for it on Ebay today. Someone is going to get a real bargain. Its done only 409 miles from new!

Like i said, I will keep in touch, and dont be surprised if you see me turning up at the Ponderosa one sunday morning for a brew!

See ya all soon,

Les