SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-06-08, 01:16 PM   #1
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Mobile Phones: Has anyone taken a phone back

that they didnt like? How did they repsond? Were they happy to change it?

I got a new LG Secret yesterday, and to be honest, i really just dont like it. The camera although 5mp is not as good as my SE810i one. The touch screen isnt as touch screen as i thought it would be. The software doesnt have the functionality that i'd like. And i just cant get used to a Slide phone. Ok i know its only been 24hrs, but i think you either like or dont like a phone.

Its probably a good phone, but i just cant get on with it. I think i lost faith after it took me over an hour to sync it with my PC last night!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-08, 02:21 PM   #2
Grinch

Default Re: Mobile Phones: Has anyone taken a phone back

Yep, I went to send back a Sony K850i, just sent me some paper work and asked that I get it signed for in the post. Didn't do it in the end as I got it swapped for a LG Veiwty. This was with O2 online.
Old 18-06-08, 02:23 PM   #3
gettin2dizzy

5mp means nothing when the lens is so small!
Old 18-06-08, 02:59 PM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
5mp means nothing when the lens is so small!
I know that, however, i was expecting an imporvement on my 3.2mp sony.

Funny grinch, im probably going to do it the ohter way round!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-08, 03:01 PM   #5
Grinch

Jax is finding the navigation on the k850i rather different from her old phone and keeps swearing at it, but then she not big on change.
Old 18-06-08, 05:38 PM   #6
El Saxo

I can't see you having any problems taking it back Viney, IIRC you've got 14 days to take it back for any reason you like as long as it's in the same condition you bought it in. If the sales guy/gal does get arsey with you then I'd change tack from "I want to change it for a different model" to "I want my money back" and they'll soon become more co-operative.
Old 18-06-08, 05:42 PM   #7
El Saxo

Oh, and FWIW the navigation on the K850i can be a bit awkward to get used to cos of the 'soft' buttons at the bottom of the screen that are used to select menu options etc. They're fiddly to get used to but I get on with mine ok now I've had it a few months. Check out the new C902 though, it's still got a 5MP camera but it looks like it's done away with the soft keys and gone back to a more traditional keypad, plus it should do a better job of protecting the camera lense cos it snaps shut.
Old 18-06-08, 06:13 PM   #8
jaffacakes

I'v only ever taken broken phones back, I'm very unlucky that way. I buy cheaper phones though. Not really keen on spending more than £100 on one. Plus i'm pay as you go with Virgin who are actually pretty good.

My girlfriend got a cool samsung for £20 because someone else returned it cause they didn't like it and she was able to use her Red Rewards too. Result!
Old 18-06-08, 09:47 PM   #9
harvy

if you got it online, ususally there is paperwork in the box to tell you what to do to return it, if you got it from a store, return it ASAP! Orange wouldnt take mine back after 15 days because it was 1 day over their cutoff...

Essentially you have 14 days? to cancel your contract (change your mind) or undo your upgrade... as part of this they will take the phone back, and if they dont have a brain, they will cancel the contract/upgrade and start all over again. if they do they should just offer you a different phone.

SV650sport k6
R & G's, scottoiler and heated grips... ie not a lot changed!
harvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-08, 11:51 PM   #10
haggis

I got a call from '3' out of the blue offering me a phone (of my choice) and new contract with more mins/txts for ?15 less/mth as according to them my Voda contract had over-run. My only concern was '3' coverage isnt good here, but they assured me it would be 100% perfect at my address, hmm.

Seemed a very good deal so I accepted. The phone was sent.

I called Voda to end the contract but they said i still have 6mths to go.
Meanwhile, the '3' fone had arrived, i charged it up, put in the sim and wouldnt you know, no signal whatsoever.

So I called '3', explained that their info on my Voda contract was incorrect and the phone was useless to me without signal. Apparently the contract had begun as soon as i opened the box!!!! 14 day approval is only to let you check out the looks of the phone, not performance.

It took a huge amount of time having arguments with their staff - about me refusing to pay a penny towards this. In the end i got it returned, but it cost me over ?50 in postage + fees/contract termination etc. for a phone i never even used once.

Be careful!