SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 28-01-09, 06:56 PM   #1
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Default Bassets Pole Meet

I know this is quite a big meet in the midlands and i went once or twice last year.

Was just wondering though if anyone knows when this meet starts getting busier during the year. Would there even be one bike there during February???

All the talk about making MIGTS a livelier section made me think of this...

Last edited by Binky; 28-01-09 at 06:59 PM.
Binky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-09, 07:02 PM   #2
DMC

Default Re: Bassets Pole Meet

Imagine a few bikes will start going when the weather picks up. Doubt it will kick off proper until the clocks change at end of March.
Old 28-01-09, 09:43 PM   #3
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC View Post
...Doubt it will kick off proper until the clocks change at end of March.
Correct!
I always knew it to be the first Tuesday after the clocks went back that it started getting busy.
Was definitely the case last year!
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-09, 10:38 PM   #4
madness

Roll on March and some better weather. Hopefully I should be able to get down there occassionally
Old 28-01-09, 10:39 PM   #5
kwak zzr

i love bassetts, i'm there most tuesdays when the weathers pleasant.
Old 30-01-09, 12:54 PM   #6
carty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
i love bassetts, i'm there most tuesdays when the weathers pleasant.
Blimey it must be years since you've been then! Weather's been awful since 2006!
Old 01-02-09, 12:35 PM   #7
loupyn

I live very locally to the location, and me and a friend enjoy the 15-20 min ride up there every now and again just as the roads are nice and fairly traffic free. The ride is always done prior to any long trip as well as it lets us get up to speed and do a general bike check if we havent ridden for a while.

Whats interesting is the pub at the bassets pole has changed hands since the last big meet - its now a very very family orientated harvester affair, and I'm not sure if the current management is totally aware that the pub and carparks will be beseiged by 300+ bikers every tuesday. We headed in and whilst werent exactly turned away, it was very clear we werent welcome for a quick half a shandy before returning home if we werent sitting down to eat.

We ended up warming our hands on mc'd coffee

Rob
Old 01-02-09, 12:39 PM   #8
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwrim View Post
Blimey it must be years since you've been then! Weather's been awful since 2006!
last year was most tuesdays between april and october.
Old 01-02-09, 12:41 PM   #9
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by loupyn View Post
I live very locally to the location, and me and a friend enjoy the 15-20 min ride up there every now and again just as the roads are nice and fairly traffic free. The ride is always done prior to any long trip as well as it lets us get up to speed and do a general bike check if we havent ridden for a while.

Whats interesting is the pub at the bassets pole has changed hands since the last big meet - its now a very very family orientated harvester affair, and I'm not sure if the current management is totally aware that the pub and carparks will be beseiged by 300+ bikers every tuesday. We headed in and whilst werent exactly turned away, it was very clear we werent welcome for a quick half a shandy before returning home if we werent sitting down to eat.

We ended up warming our hands on mc'd coffee

Rob
we park back of the pub and then walk to Mcdonalds for a coffee, its easy'r to meet up with people back of the pub cus its less packed.
Old 01-02-09, 12:45 PM   #10
loupyn

Its just a comment that previously the pub has been very pro bikers (I know that at least one barmaid was a biker herself) and welcoming of us lot in the past.. just speculating if a change in ownership might change that. I'd generally rather sit in pub beer garden with a cold shandy or hot coffee than next to a mac'd bin!

Rob