SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Tories or Labour?
Labour 6 35.29%
Conservative 11 64.71%
Other - please specifiy 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-05, 06:22 PM   #1
rob13

Default Cameron Vs Blair/Brown

Now that Cameron has been installed as Tory leader, which way can you see the next election going?
Old 06-12-05, 06:38 PM   #2
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

I reckon Labour will still beat the Tories next time.Blair will have gone by then so it will be a clean sheet for both parties.I should point out that I have no time for any of them and would prefer a hung parliament thus preventing either of them from doing much at all.Less government is best .
Old 06-12-05, 06:47 PM   #3
rob13

Im not getting these polls right at all. I added "other" option but it didnt show.
Old 06-12-05, 06:51 PM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester
Im not getting these polls right at all. I added "other" option but it didnt show.
I've taken the liberty of adding it for you, hope thats OK

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 06:54 PM   #5
Ed

Mr Angry from Shropshire writes - the Shropshire Primary Care Trust is insisting that all the NHS trusts in Shropshire slash their budgets to recover a whopping great shortfall. Management consultants were brought in - no doubt at huge expense - one recommendation was to close one of the A&Es at Shrewsbury or Telford, or more exactly, to make one for 'non-emergencies'. So if you come off your bike at Welshpool the ambo might have to bring you to Telford - some 45 - 50 miles away. Terrific!!!

In response to the PCT demands, the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital has frozen recruitment for 85 vacancies and yesterday announced plans to cut 300 jobs.

But don't forget. The tax increases we've had under Labour were for health and education. The hell they were

How Blair and that dreadful Patricia Hewitt woman can live with themselves, I just don't know, and the sooner they're kicked out the better.

Cameron has made the Tories so much more acceptable than they were. They might not be perfect but I can't believe that anyone woudl be as bad as this lot.
Old 06-12-05, 06:58 PM   #6
rob13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel
Quote:
I've taken the liberty of adding it for you, hope thats OK
Cheers Fizz
Old 06-12-05, 07:00 PM   #7
hall13uk

the colour of my bike says it all
Old 06-12-05, 07:27 PM   #8
kinesin

Default Re: Cameron Vs Blair/Brown

Quote:
Now that Cameron has been installed as Tory leader, which way can you see the next election going?
I don't think having Cameron will change the election result. The Tories will get in, Brown has farked this country up, and if he gets to be PM before the next election (i'm doubtful) the media will rip him apart as UK crashes into recession.
They have already started attacking Brown.. it will only get worst.. alot worst as the biggest debt based bubble the world has seen goes bang!
Old 06-12-05, 07:37 PM   #9
timwilky
Mega Poster

Where blair could bluff his way, All will remember Brown as the guy who robbed their pension funds, has refused to accept the pension review that wanted to link pensions with salaries, said there were no plans to increase student fees and brought in "top up" fees, brought in a ruge raft of stealth taxes etc. In other word the whole country knows he cannot be trusted.

However, that as we know is not enough to stop a guy becoming a member of parliment.

The tories will however need to sell themselves, not as a tax cutting party but one that is prepared to target investment and ensure value for money
Old 06-12-05, 08:16 PM   #10
Steve W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythree
Mr Angry from Shropshire writes - the Shropshire Primary Care Trust is insisting that all the NHS trusts in Shropshire slash their budgets to recover a whopping great shortfall. Management consultants were brought in - no doubt at huge expense - one recommendation was to close one of the A&Es at Shrewsbury or Telford, or more exactly, to make one for 'non-emergencies'. So if you come off your bike at Welshpool the ambo might have to bring you to Telford - some 45 - 50 miles away. Terrific!!!

In response to the PCT demands, the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital has frozen recruitment for 85 vacancies and yesterday announced plans to cut 300 jobs.

But don't forget. The tax increases we've had under Labour were for health and education. The hell they were

How Blair and that dreadful Patricia Hewitt woman can live with themselves, I just don't know, and the sooner they're kicked out the better.

Cameron has made the Tories so much more acceptable than they were. They might not be perfect but I can't believe that anyone woudl be as bad as this lot.
Health expedniture has grown very rapidly since 1997; the trouble is with an ageing population and a belief that everyone should have everythinfg done immediately it has becoming increasingly difficult to control expenditure and many PCTs are over budget. However at the level quoted here you have to wonder whether a bit of local mis-managment has come into play? I think it's a bit hard to blame central governmnet for this one - it is extermely diffcult to believe a Tory government would have put the same kind of money (let alone more) into the NHS.

The education budget has also increased substantially.

This isn't to say there aren't a number of areas where this government has fouled up - my personal view is their biggest errors have been the whole spin culture which means no one believes anything they say and Iraq.

I think it's difficult at this range to predict the outcome of the next election as I think it largely (as ever) depends on the economy and people's perception of their affluence or otherwise. I think it is unlikely Cameron has got the exertise and experience to win - so I would go for a Labour victory or maybe a hung parliament.