SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-10-08, 04:21 PM   #1
xXBADGERXx

Default Trick or Treaters

Well , I`m on a money saving initiative at this moment in time (saving up for goodies at the MCN Bike Show) , so this year I haven`t got any Trick or Treat goodies for the callers . I have literally powered the house down to small lamps , curtains shut and the place in literal darkness ...... well it doesn`t pay to encourage them does it . I was just looking out of a passing window and the kids are literally daring each other to knock on my door ............. my house is quite spooky looking with Ivy growing up the walls and a sinister tree outside ........ I think I may be getting a quiet night for once . Does anybody else try and avoid all this malarkey or is it easier to give in and try and kill them with sweets ?
Old 31-10-08, 04:24 PM   #2
Flamin_Squirrel

Default Re: Trick or Treaters

Give it a few years and there will be a government initiative banning it to prevent the kiddies eating junk food.
Old 31-10-08, 04:27 PM   #3
xXBADGERXx

LOL , it also doesn`t help matters that these kids rarely see my face as the "Scary Biker Man" usually has a Black Visor on . I eyeballed them for 20 seconds through the window upstairs and they chickened out and scuttled off to the neighbours (who promptly told them to DO ONE )
Old 31-10-08, 04:27 PM   #4
Speedy Claire

Every year I say I won`t but I always feel guilty when I think about the little kids getting all dressed up and in a state of excitement....... so yes, i`ve been and bought the sweets
Old 31-10-08, 04:33 PM   #5
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
Every year I say I won`t but I always feel guilty when I think about the little kids getting all dressed up and in a state of excitement....... so yes, i`ve been and bought the sweets
That`s what put me off this year , I was in Tesco`s getting some Apples for my Crumble , and wandered past the sweeties and thought "Hmmm shall I buy a big bag of Scoffy Sweets for the ones that make an effort" . That`s when I saw 2 nippers arguing about who was gonna get the most tonight and was gonna eat the lot in front of the other and not give him any . That made my mind up for me really
Old 31-10-08, 04:35 PM   #6
jimmy__riddle

i got a big bag of sweets, mostly cos my other half makes me, i dont mind doing it, it can be fun, but its annoying when you get 16 yrs olds etc.
Old 31-10-08, 04:35 PM   #7
metalmonkey

Depends on how trouable you want to get in or go to......

How about when they come to the door having a kitchen knife in your hand and a blood soaked shirt, then get someone to scream in the backgeound, then ask if they want to come in for sweets I'm sure they will run away screming.

When I lived in the states we all dressed up I was weraing all black, and had a scream mask on, I also had a fake knife. I jumped out of a bush a grabbed one of the kids and ran off with him. Believe me everyone scremed very loud including the adults
Old 31-10-08, 04:37 PM   #8
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
When I lived in the states we all dressed up I was weraing all black, and had a scream mask on, I also had a fake knife. I jumped out of a bush a grabbed one of the kids and ran off with him. Believe me everyone scremed very loud including the adults
Yeah that sort of thing gets you branded as a Paedo around here and you end up with yer plums getting cut off , that`s another reason why I don`t want nippers knocking on my door , doesn`t look right on the home of a single guy does it
Old 31-10-08, 04:39 PM   #9
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
Yeah that sort of thing gets you branded as a Paedo around here and you end up with yer plums getting cut off , that`s another reason why I don`t want nippers knocking on my door , doesn`t look right on the home of a single guy does it
I should add that we all friends and we all knew other, but it was funny at the time!
Old 31-10-08, 04:58 PM   #10
xXBADGERXx

Yeah , I got invited to 3 parties tonight , all of which the people do not like the other people , they are prone to taking pictures of me and facebooking me ..... so If I went to one party I would get rumbled by the other 2 . I would do all 3 but it means no fancy dress as I would have to do it on the bike due to being remote places . Easier to stay in and avoid the Trick or Treaters I reckon