SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 24-08-10, 08:30 AM   #1
E30 sam

Default First track day

Well on friday i did my first track day on a bike at Anglesey, i went down with the Rocket centre if anyone knows them.
Me and 2 mates went down the night before and it was throwing it down, so after struggling to put up the gazebo and everything getting drenched we decided to put up the tents in the garages and set up in there.
Since there was a race on at the weekend there was no novice group, so me and my mate were in the inters and my other mate was in the advanced. I was on my 04 SV650, my mate in inters with me was on a 09 Z750 and my other mate was on a 08 track R1.
When we woke up, the weather was still crap and stayed like that for the first to sessions. As you can expect the first 2 sessions were horrible, i was sliding everywere as i was on supercorsa's and i only managed to pass a couple of bikes. My mate on the r1 was on slicks so he had a worse time than me, but my mate on the Z750 was running sportsmarts and was getting his knee down in the rain!
In the third session it became dry and i started to get me knee down and get pass alot, But in the afternoon the sun was out and the tyres came into their own and i was getting pass nearly everything, i was grinding my peg so much that it has melted.
By the end of the day there was only a couple of lads getting pass me and my mate and most of the bikes were track ready blades, R1's etc.

These are some of the best pics that my girlfirend could get due to the weather being so bad, but they are only from the morning sessions cause she got bored. It was by far the best thing i have done and now i'm looking for a track bike.
Old 24-08-10, 01:32 PM   #2
Dickyholdsworth

Default Re: First track day

Great little track and sounds like you were going well, did you get any lap times?
Old 24-08-10, 02:55 PM   #3
E30 sam

Default Re: First track day

It was so good, no lap times though the girl friend was too cold lol!!