SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-03-07, 08:21 AM   #1
PsychoCannon

Default Re: Airsofting - First time

*Edit 0 Why did my reply become post 1!???

You see I read that as:

I am a person who has a pantry full of pies....
Old 29-05-07, 08:56 AM   #2
Grinch

Default Airsofting - First time

I went airsofting for the first time on Sunday, in the tunnels at Portsdown hill. My knees ache a bit and I'm covered in marks, brusies, but most of all my nipple hurts (from a rambo charge) and the back of my head. Friendly fire from a P90 at close range I think, that really, really smarts.

But it was a good day and I rather enjoyed my self, even though I just had a glock I took out plenty of people. So I just need to sort myself some kit.

I know some people may think it was a bit childish, but I was fun and helped in some way for me to vent, plus the adrenaline rush was great.
Old 29-05-07, 09:21 AM   #3
PsychoCannon

Hah welcome to the club
Glad you liked it!
Old 29-05-07, 09:27 AM   #4
Grinch

Been looking on ASCUK for some gear, I don't want to much at the moment as I think I will stick to the tunnels for now. Which means things like glocks will be more then enough, though I need to get some protection as my nipple and back of my head really hurts.
Old 29-05-07, 09:31 AM   #5
thor

Looks cool. Do people take it really seriously?
Old 29-05-07, 09:35 AM   #6
Grinch

Well no one seemed to take it really seriously, though there where what you could call kit hores. Some times it looked like we had been take over by a mix of the american army and some WWII german soldiers.
Old 29-05-07, 09:39 AM   #7
thor

So how does it work?

You get shot - do you then pretend to die and lie there for a bit? Does a medic run over and shout "clear" and then you get up?

I think I've played too many computer games!
Old 29-05-07, 09:58 AM   #8
PsychoCannon

Lol you rarely get people taking it too seriously as it's all fun though it IS satisfying when you put some work into a game and pull off a win against the odds or against a team of pros (SO19 officers or army bods).

When you get shot it depends on the game but normally you'll either:

1) go to a "dead zone" for a set amout of time before rejoining or
2) fall back to a designated point and re-join (IE defend the ground floor, get shot, start on the first floor, then your dead)

You can get a certain number of "lives" in some games too, depends on the scenario.

I don't use pistols much myself anymore and yeah armour helps
Funnily enough the reason I don't use pistols anymore is because they keep subverting my own armour, my last experience for example.

Had 2 Mac 11A1's (Think uzi) strapped to my jacket.
One at the front, one at the back.

Saw a bunch of guys bunkered down ahead of me so I crouched down and started sneaking up on them.

One step, two steps intense pain and me rolling round on the floor wondering how someone snuck up behind me and shot me in the ****.

Turns out the Mac I had strapped to my back had slipped round some of my rigging when I crouched, the barrel slipping into the waist of my trousers then said rigging, on my 3rd step, wraped round the trigger and unloaded a 50 round clip into my **** at point blank >_<.
Old 29-05-07, 10:10 AM   #9
Grinch

That sounds painfull... though I think I'll stick to hand gun, just need to source them.
Old 29-05-07, 10:12 AM   #10
PsychoCannon

Wolf Armouries in Camden - Just down the road from Neroes

It's where I get most of my kit.